de_Strata

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_Strata

This map is on the server now and we played it through once tonight.

Please share your thoughts and impressions here. Thanks.

-Aaron

Re: de_Strata

I loved this map.

The layout is perfect, the CTs are within immediate vicinity of the bombsites, and the T routes are varied and take a good while to get to the bombsites. Rushing is impossible.

The map gave me GREAT Fps, and there is so much cover, neat routes... I think this map would make a great addition to the map rotation.

-Aaron

Comment

I'll start off by saying that I only started playing CounterStrike yesterday, so if I say something dumb, that's probably why. I played this map in the same match as schwa (my in game name is drake_anra for all of those that were wondering), but I was on CTs (we lost by the way). All I remember about this map is schwa and nullops kicking my ass repeatedly (then again, that's true for most maps cuz I'm a newb to this game...) The fact that CTs start right next to (and I do mean RIGHT next to) the bomb sites means that this map is puny for CTs... There is one route (the one that goes through the CT spawn) between A and B that does not go into "terrorist territory." However, I think that my losing may have colored my opinion of this map, and I tried it out on a one player server, and I went exploring. Now, I didn't realise how big this map was if you start on Ts, so I'm assuming that going a little bit farther than the bomb site may not be that bad of a thing on this map. In fact, its almost a necessity, so that there are actually multiple paths between A and B. Using the same path repeatedly got us killed after the first few times.
      - Drake_Anra

Comment

Originally posted by nhammen View Post
        I'll start off by saying that I only started playing CounterStrike yesterday, so if I say something dumb, that's probably why.
        Friend, your comments have been nothing but well thought out and constructive.

...and even if they weren't, the TG members do not play rank here. The ideas from the newest member to the oldest veteran are treated with the same value.

Thank you for contributing to this thread.

-Aaron

P.S. I might suggest you either change your forum name, or your in-game name, so they are both the same. You may find forum members confused regarding your identity.

Comment

Originally posted by nhammen View Post
          The fact that CTs start right next to (and I do mean RIGHT next to) the bomb sites means that this map is puny for CTs... There is one route (the one that goes through the CT spawn) between A and B that does not go into "terrorist territory."
          Personally, I feel this is actually a positive point.

The CT objective should be to get to a bombsite quickly and secure it. Strata obliges this need nicely. CTs can instantly get to a bombsite, allowing them to take up defensive positions uninterupted while the T side makes their way to a site.

I find this is a rarity in custom maps, often the two sides can get to a bombsite in roughly the same amount of time.

-Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by What Is Schwa? View Post
            Personally, I feel this is actually a positive point.

The CT objective should be to get to a bombsite quickly and secure it. Strata obliges this need nicely. CTs can instantly get to a bombsite, allowing them to take up defensive positions uninterupted while the T side makes their way to a site.

I find this is a rarity in custom maps, often the two sides can get to a bombsite in roughly the same amount of time.

-Aaron
            Oh, the starting next to bombsite A is a good thing. Except that if the guys at A die, then there is only one way that CTs know to get to A from B (without going farther than the bombsites), and so the Ts only have to cover the doorway in between bombsite A and the CT spawn. nullops did this quite well by using the ledge under what used to be CT spawn as cover (if I remember correctly).
            - Drake_Anra

Comment

There's several ways to get to bomb A from Bomb b. should CT's realize that A is comprimised, they should either 1) move through CT spawn, 2) come up middle, 3) come up ramp (which they can do by going down ramp in middle).

I personally love this map. I think it works very well and that tactical thinking T's can really make a difference between rushing. There's plenty of places to pick off CT's that are wandering around.

For example, the T's window in middle. At no point should a CT be there other than to count people going to B. Otherwise, you're just sniper fodder.

For best placement, I believe, Ct's should have one person in B's control room, one person in B's far hallway (behind boxes, provides a great place to watch the stairwell by middle's window), and one other person either in cats or in the storage room between the exit of the warehouse/where the lower vent access is located.

For A, hanging out on the ledge over the ramp is good untill T's catch on. There's plenty of box cover to defend with too, but a few good smoke and flashes can really knock you out of your senses.

Also, if there's an odd number of people, having a CT watch the alley way (B's side of CT spawn, but watches over A's access), you can cut people off taking middle to either site.

For T's, distraction is a powerful key here. There's many places to take shots at CT's and make them think you're charging, but you have to be quick and use sound to your advantage. A delayed rush also works well, especially accross bridge. There tends to only be one or two people you'll encounter in middle and B control room. If you secure the control room, it can give you the ability to cover all of B via cats and the vent access down to the first floor.

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

This map is da bomb. Lots of room for both teams, lots of routes, lots of cover and corners. I don't think that CTs need to sit right on the bomb sites falling asleep either, this map allows CTs to also watch the middle ground and even play forward (as long as it's not too far towards T spawn). A fun map for all.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                - Wulfyn

Comment

This is a shameless bump, but i'd like to see Strata incorporated into the default map rotation.

So far, forum reception has been positive.

This map is highly detailed, has an overhead map, is bug free, has plenty of routes, and CTs can reach bombsites much quicker than Ts.

I've played Strata a little more and have discovered that the CT side is quite difficult for some reason. I suspect this is due to lack of play, rather than a serious imbalance. The CTs have ample time to secure each bombsite, and the routes are quick between the two.

Thoughts?

-Aaron
                  Last edited by What Is Schwa?; 01-22-2007, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Is there anyway to revive this map on the server? It's a prime example of a PCS oriented map!

Given all the positive feedback in this thread, why has it even been removed?????

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                    "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                    - Wulfyn

Comment

yes I shall speak with the rotation gods about this. I too like this map!

- -

Comment

the main sticking point i have with this map is how everyone wants to go middle, and the comm gets so overloaded, nearly every round the CT's in B end up in A after about 3 minutes.

Comment

So what you're saying is that the selfish play of the players causes the map to turn into a mess. I guess I'd have to agree, since every time I've played with PCS Proven players and regulars on either team, the map has gone beautifully.
                          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by BonesTG View Post
                            the main sticking point i have with this map is how everyone wants to go middle, and the comm gets so overloaded, nearly every round the CT's in B end up in A after about 3 minutes.

That's my only complaint when I play as a CT on this map. I'm often the only one covering site B while everyone is covering A.
                            The reason I call myself "the village idiot"? Name a teamate I haven't accidently shot yet.
                            ----
                            Playing as "Nikon", "the_village_idiot", or "villge_idiot"

Comment

Again, that's not the fault of the map in the least. Its only real problem is that the Ts can always beat the CTs into the long hall behind B.
                              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X