de_Gallery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_Gallery

This map is on the server now and we played it through once tonight.

Please share your thoughts and impressions here. Thanks.

-Aaron

Re: de_Gallery

This is a small claustrophobic bit of joy.

The architecture is unique and well done, and quite small. Sites can be held easily and I think the Ts will have a hard time penetrating. In my oppinion this is a good thing, as in order for the T team to win teamwork has to be employed.

I see no reason this map couldn't become part of the full-time rotation. It is great fun and something quite unique, and also great for lower numbers. Props to Gogeta for recomending it!

-Aaron
    Last edited by What Is Schwa?; 11-20-2006, 12:37 AM.

Comment

I played this map as a terrorist and I have to say that this map is awesome! There are alot of routes from one place to another, bomb site B has some great (short range) sniping opportunities, and the art gallery part of the level is tight with all of the shotgun loving that that implies. I love the vents (and I got a neat little kill while hiding in one). I also love the sheer number of different paths that you can take to get from one place to another. Also, if you have time, the level is filled with art on the wall (it is an art gallery after all) that you can look at. I liked the 'motivational' posters in the office part of the level better though.
      - Drake_Anra

Comment

Originally posted by nhammen View Post
        I played this map as a terrorist and I have to say that this map is awesome!
        Good deal. I was a little concerned that the T side might feel a little oppressed... as the three of us CTs were doing a heck of a job holding down the entry points.

I also agree with you on about the short-range sniping opportunites at B. Defending that site is an excercise in hopeful paranoia. Everywhere you hide you always have an open flank. I can only imagine what it is like assaulting that site, I suspect you are always concerned there is someone camping one hall over...

-Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by nhammen View Post
          and I got a neat little kill while hiding in one
          that's right you hide in that vent while I *bang* ow...

heh, was a fun match.

I loved this map. There's alot of places to get upstairs and downstairs fast, lots of open and blocking areas. It's weird like that.

What I'm concerned about is how far are the CT's allowed to go? My opinion was that for A guarding, the first hallway was okay, and so were bathrooms (to the blown out wall), and B up to the hole in the wall (since from that point you can still quite see B's bombsite), but need some more opinions on what's right for thsi one.

I did enjoy the map, there's opprotunity for plenty of good gun matches, with cover and spaces in between to hope you don't get sniped at. The open window section of the map is tricky when dealing with a decent sniper, and the open courtyard/stype area of A is good yet tricky to guard since it has many accessable routes.

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

Originally posted by nulloperations View Post
            What I'm concerned about is how far are the CT's allowed to go? My opinion was that for A guarding, the first hallway was okay, and so were bathrooms (to the blown out wall), and B up to the hole in the wall (since from that point you can still quite see B's bombsite
            I'm not too sure if the bathrooms are OK or not. In relation to the scale of the map, they seem fairly far away from the bombsites. I suppose if we begin to hear a loud outcry from the T side we'll know it is too forward, and so far, they didn't seem to mind.

I think after playing extensively on both sides it will become clear where the boundaries are, just like every other map.

-Aaron

Comment

I liked this map but i disliked the fact that Schwa kept killing me in it while i ate my chips!!

You too Null.

Those were some good chips! :P

Comment

My apologies to Doorway, he was the one who originally recomended this map.

-Aaron

Comment

This map is pretty good. Despite the size and the closer quarters which I don't think is too big of a deal; some maps are huge, some small. This one has a good variety of routes and it seems that CTs can get to the sites first. As long as CTs don't bother T spawn I think it's good to keep on the server.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                  "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                  - Wulfyn

Comment

Why isn't this map in rotation?

"The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                    - Wulfyn

Comment

Lots of de maps and we like to mix up the rotation to spread cs and de. I figured with some of the other de maps we could always vote this one in on the server, there are plenty of good de maps.

- -

Comment

Sometimes it's nice to have good maps in rotation so that they come up automatically. So that we don't have to hope that we get onto the server when an admin happens to be on. How about replacing linear DE maps (like Dust 2) with this one? Have players vote on the old, boring, and alley-shoot-out-only-a-couple-of-routes maps instead and put the more interesting teamwork oriented maps into rotation.

- Wulfyn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X