xcom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xcom

I just left this map in horror. What are we doing playing a map that offers the possibility of a foot race between the CT and T's to get to one of the hostage rooms?
    I found myself running from spawn to the lower floor hosties and then a CT got to the room at the same time I did.
    How is this at all realistic?

It just seems like a death match to me and I think it should not be played here.
    I know, some people will tell me that the CT's spawn randomly, but even if there is a 1 out of 4 chance that they spawn in a position so close to the hostie room that they can get there before the T's even set up then this map should be removed from the server.
    Ben

All I ask for is communication

Re: xcom

Hmm well we have the tool to change the spawns so maybe ill try changing where the T's spawn to with the hostages, howz that sound?

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    Winston Churchill

Comment

Well we've played it for about a week in rotation to see how it plays. I've not been that impressed with it, not very open.

Why did you leave in horror instead of changing the map?

- -

Comment

Spawning the Terrorists with the hostages is great IF you can ensure that they'll always spawn with both sets. The distance from one set to another might be too much if the CTs are running.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Well if the spawn points were limited to 8 for the T's, 4 in each hostie room then, they would have to spawn with them.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
          Winston Churchill

Comment

I left because It was voted by an overwhelming majority to keep it. I am not going to ruin the play for most of the players on the server simply because I feel that it is not a good map for our play style.

That is the reason i brought it to the forums, to get the consensus.

To me, this sounds fair. To simply get rid of it mid game because I do not like it would look bad to the crowd that wants to play.

People had some good points as to why we should play it, I disagreed, so I took it here, to the proper discussion point.

All I ask for is communication

Comment

The map doesn't seem to offer much to me and tends to be a choke point deathmatch.

- -

Comment

Well, as stated in one of the other map discussions about the crap office, bomb version, it's a fragmonkey map. Let the fragmonkies get the fragmonkeying out of their system. I like everything else about the map except the, "RUN! BEFORE THEY GET THERE!" part.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

T's need to spawn at hostages, an even split if possible.

FUN FUN

Comment

i was thinking about this... what if the ct spawned behind a zig zagged set of walls.. so instead of making a b line for a door... they have to go left.. then right.. then left ... THEN to the door. it would add 20 seconds to their footrace

ps,... dont ride down the broken elevator