This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs_northtower

After playing other maps on TG I wanted to ask everyones thoughts on the cs_northtower map?

It jsut seems this map lets the CT's get into the hosties before the T's can cover them so its a mad rush down the stairs for Terrorists. This could be improved by placing T spawnpoints at the downstaits or moving the CT spawns back (or both), but as it is I am nto sure its a good map.

Other comments?
    Rapture

Re: cs_northtower

well actually after i switched rounds i thought some of the Ts where pushing their "boundaries" by going out side of the building and sniping or agressing the CTs in their own spawn. Couple rounds the CTs couldn't even get into the building because Ts would be inside by the windows and take us out as we approached. Couple times they wherent even near hostages but out on the ground/2nd floors engaging.

Couple ways to improve the map.

1) add more cover around the building for teh CTs, benches or more trucks.
    2) make the ground level glass darker, be it tinted or frosted.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

When I played it, the cts would plow through us every time except when we all hid by the 2 hosties upstairs and they didn't expect it, but once we did that, it couldn't work again...
      It just seems to me to be a ct rush/deathmatch map to me, the Ts and I couldn't figure a strategy to win but that one lucky time.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilTiki View Post
        When I played it, the cts would plow through us every time except when we all hid by the 2 hosties upstairs and they didn't expect it, but once we did that, it couldn't work again...
        It just seems to me to be a ct rush/deathmatch map to me, the Ts and I couldn't figure a strategy to win but that one lucky time.
        What seemd to work last night is they would push the limits. half on the second deck sniping/HE nades everyplace. And a few would even venture outside teh building and hit us as we did a delayed rush.
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

If we can do that cool modification thing Vulcan mentioned somewhere, I suggest that we both allow Terrorists to spawn downstairs (in addition to upstairs) and we put ALL of the CT spawns out back upstairs by the fountain.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

*bump*
            We played this a couple days ago. It's just a race to the downstairs hostages. The CT's can get there before the T's can, which makes it turn into a fire fight. All the CT's had to do was rush in every time and T's didn't stand a chance.
            Pyronoid |TG|

Comment

We can move the hostages closer to the T's spawning area through Entspy. If you can, post up some screenshots of where you think they should moved and I'll take a look at it.

Comment

We'll see. The map is just too small. Maybe instead of moving hostages we could move T and CT spawns?
                Pyronoid |TG|

Comment

The best would be to leave the hostages alone, but have ALL of the Counter-Terrorists spawn outside in the back (the raised area near the fountain) and some of the Terrorists spawn downstairs.
                  The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                  I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I'll decompile the map and see where the spawns are for the CTs. If there's a second spawn area near the fountain moving the majority of their spawns over there should work.

Comment

We can move all the CT spawns out to the back by the fountain but there moving some of the T spawns downstairs will place them out of a buyzone. I've got an idea I'm going to test making a duplicate buy zone in a map and then changing it's location coordinates on the map. If it works then just maybe we can move a buy zone around.

Comment

The test didn't work :( If all the CT spawns are moved to the fountain area it will take them about 8 - 10 seconds to run downstairs to where the first set of hostages are. If the T's spawn near the stairs area by the elevators it will take them about 7 - 9 seconds to reach the downstairs hostages. This is with pistols only though so heavier gear should increase the timing a bit.

What we could do is move some of the T spawns closer to the stairwells to shorten the time it takes to move down the stairs and maybe move the most forward hostage back to the rear of the hallway so CT's have to go all the way in to grab the first set instead of being able to snag one right as they enter the hallway from the esclator.

Comment

Maybe we should contact the author and tell him it would be the best map EVER if he only made these slight changes.
                          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

How about this, we move all the CT spawns to the fountain, shift a few T spawns closer to the stairs and move that front hostage back a bit through Entspy. If we can get the map on the server after all that's set we can start running some tests to see if those changes make any improvements or not and seek additional feedback. If things still aren't working we can try tracking down the original author and see if he's interested in either making the changes or possibly sending the vmf file so we can make them ourselves.

Comment

It might be worth it to move the hostages upstairs, although that eliminates the multiple set strategy, turning it into a death match unless the Terrorists are caught with their pants down.
                              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X