Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs_harvest_tg1

I think thats the exact name.

Anyway, I don't really have an entire walkthrough like the others do sorry, but this map is a very great map in my opinion.

It's great long range fire fights and has nice hiding spots to nail those CT's right in their arse.

the only thing i dont like that much is the long running needed to rescue the hosties.

whats your opinion on this map?
    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Re: cs_harvest_tg1

Coolest map on the tg server. Best scout map on the tg server. One thing I dont like is that the first set of hosties are so easy to grab. But Overall A+ on the map. Good Job who ever made this map I give you credit. I would love to see this in the rotations as much as [kismayo] (--Sorry I said it spar) Kismayo is the most used map and harvest kicks it "arse"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.FAsTy View Post
      Coolest map on the tg server. Best scout map on the tg server. One thing I dont like is that the first set of hosties are so easy to grab. But Overall A+ on the map. Good Job who ever made this map I give you credit. I would love to see this in the rotations as much as [kismayo] (--Sorry I said it spar) Kismayo is the most used map and harvest kicks it "arse"
      I don't get it.. kismayo is a great map, and its overused because of its true greatness... although i have never played harvest so i cannot comment on that matter.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Great map, but I think the time needs to be extended a little.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
        Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
        Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
          I think the time needs to be extended a little.
          That would be nice, but i was thinking maybe whoever redesigned it, could maybe tweak the rescue zones a lil closer because it takes a while to get back and its easy to get picked in that open area when you're trying to run to the zone.
          "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Originally posted by Soulja View Post
            That would be nice, but i was thinking maybe whoever redesigned it, could maybe tweak the rescue zones a lil closer because it takes a while to get back and its easy to get picked in that open area when you're trying to run to the zone.
            I think that is part of the appeal. As a CT you really need to cover the retreat. If you don't, the one with the hosties could be sniped. What you need to do is work a strat. that has your team mates intercepting any T's that come out for that long shot. Either push them back into the house or behind the house. Don't let them run after you. Don't take the hosties until you know the position of every member on the T side. And the Red Barn in the middle is a good place tactically to take Hostages. It's protected, and there's limited cover for approaching T's, put one or two CT's there as overwatch and any T that comes up the hill then, should be engaged and taken out.

I've been seeing a lot of solo Hostage runs since I've been back. While the rest either try, sniping out a kill or two or do their own thing. I'm guilty of doing it as well. It's not exactly working the objective, as is getting the hostages back to the rescue zone safely. If that means 4 guys run with the hostages, then 4 guys run. Leaving one back to observed the T's movements would be of benefit. The idea of the one staying back isn't to kill people, it's to inform the rest of the CT's as to the movement of all the T's the CT's have found already.
            sigpic

Comment

I seriously think you need to do something with the first set maybe move them back a little bit so they arent so easy to grab

Comment

Harvest is stupid.

Why the hell would we put our hosties in that dumb little shed? It's impossible to hold!

If we leave the house we get picked off, if we stay inside we know they're going to take the shed hosties. If we stay in the shed, (and the CTs aren't completely retarded), they flash in and take the hosties, no problem. It's a scout map.

Rename it aim_harvest and maybe I'll be okay with it.

Good thing my opinion isn't worth much, huh?

Comment

If your opinion isn't worth much don't post. Every opinion is worth Tritone. Its a numbers thing.

My statement is from your last line.
                  Last edited by sparhawkxx; 12-17-2007, 10:16 PM.

FUN FUN

Comment

who ever mad it should make it a de map that would be nice one T's start off the same spot as do the ct's and the bomb sites could be the barn and the garage thing near the corn field that would be pretty sweat give it some thoughts. bu over all harvest= happy element:)
                    I am the fifth and most dangerous ElEmEnT of Earth not Fire, Water, Air, or even Earth but “DEATH”
                    P.S. if you hear a scope click you better start running!!!

Comment

could make a de version and keep the cs version aswell sort of like kismayo (Even tho kismayo sucks either way)

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.FAsTy View Post
                        could make a de version and keep the cs version aswell sort of like kismayo (Even tho kismayo sucks either way)
                        well to each his own. kismayo is a great map in most peoples opinions, therefore everyone who doesn't enjoy it has to suck it up and deal with it.

As for harvest I think it could use a little extra, such as the shed being a barn, with a bomb shelter underneath that is holding the hosties, and a tunnel connecting the barn to the house. That would be cool because it would put some close quarters stuff on the map. Also, is this map only 1 scout? If it is it should be changed to 2 scouts, or maybe an awp!

Comment

keep to the topic of this map, anymore off topic posts will be deleted.

With that said, I was never a fan of this map. Just plain bad map design imo.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                            keep to the topic of this map, anymore off topic posts will be deleted.

With that said, I was never a fan of this map. Just plain bad map design imo.
                            agreed, played it once and just found no interest in a snipefest map... always had to have the aug of scout to get a really good shot on anyone.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

I think with this map, some minor changes and it would be a great map. On TG, the map is kind of wasted without them. There are tactical ways to move across open ground with broken coverage, but I'll move that to a new thread cause it works on almost any map.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X