de_overdrive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_overdrive

This map seems ok. But I don't know if it's just me I get nasty screen lag coming out of B bombsite into the street. It could be those neon signs or something and lighting issues. Some people didn't get it so it may only be an HDR issue or something.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
    "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
    - Wulfyn

Re: de_overdrive

I did not get it.

Also the reason I revived this thread is that I have a great fransan style strat. Rush short straight into the bombsite. Most of the time catches them off guard and after you are in the building it is easy to secure all the entrences. Also it helps to have a scoped weapon (Prefered, Scout) at long to take care of the people on the left behind the palettes that sometimes get some crossing short. Just do this a few round apart or however long it takes them to stop expecting it, and you will probably get a point.

Also another thing, in the case of a B rush or whatever, in which you end up planting in B. Keep one man behind at the entrence to long A so he can sneak over to short undetected to take out any people crossing from CT Spawn. usually they do not cross over to B using short because it is longer and more curly.

Thank you, and you are welcome.
    "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
    - Sparhawxx

Comment

I like the map granted it is just dust 2 but mirrored. There is a mid that splits to either sites, there is a long B and a short B that runs along side the mid. There are A tunnels and there is a way from mid into A tunnels. See what i mean. However i was sick of the sand and dust and this is a nice alternative (at least we are blowing up somthing other than barrels).

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
      Winston Churchill

Comment

Yea really, are those terrorists that bored?
        - Sparhawxx

Comment

I despise this map. It's pretty, sure, but it's got next to no tactical value, just like de_dust2 and all its variants. My vote is for removal, unless you guys want to play Team Deathmatch.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Now I wouldn't say removal, and I wouldn't quite say no tactical value. It does not have alot of tactical value but it does have some, just enough for a slightly tactical strat. It's just not that much ground to cover, but despite all its flaws it is fun to play in my oppinion.
            - Sparhawxx

Comment

Eh, I might have to agree with the "no tactical value" bit. All I ever hear on that map is, "Let's rush A (or B)!!" That and there aren't that many routes where you can actually plan a decent assault.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
              Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
              Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

If you had sixteen people on each team and could break down into four fireteams of four players each in separate com channels, you might be able to do something creative. With a group of seven or less, it's just a rush map.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X