de_astute_dMw (final version)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_astute_dMw (final version)

After plenty of beta testing de_astute have been released as final. Frame rates have improved a lot. From beta testing we have seen that it is well balanced and a challenge for both teams. There are plenty of options for attack, diversions, and defense. There are many "git spots" and it takes time to learn and find them all. You can download it from here:

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/53929

I don't know if you had a look at the beta as you said you would but here is the final anyway. Hope you enjoy it.
    -=[dMw]=-Sadako

www.deadmen.co.uk
    Dead Men Walking - Tactical Counter-Strike

Re: de_astute_dMw (final version)

We had the map on the server and still do i believe but the lightmaps in the sub area were way to detailed and caused framerate drops when you viewed the entire area.

I'll check this one out too.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
      We had the map on the server and still do i believe but the lightmaps in the sub area were way to detailed and caused framerate drops when you viewed the entire area.

I'll check this one out too.
      Thanks Vulcan. Yeh, we noticed that problem too. We found the reason for the framerate drop and have fixed it. The frame rate have improved by about 20 for me.
      -=[dMw]=-Sadako

www.deadmen.co.uk

Comment

Hi again. I see that you are (currently running on the server actually) still using the beta version of astute (b3e atm) and not the final which is linked above. I just want to say that the framerate issues in the beta versions, mainly in the sub room, have been improved until the final version. Also there have been a new route added from T side that improves the gameplay.

So if you want a better experience of it I suggest you go for the final.
        Last edited by Sadako; 05-14-2008, 02:19 PM.
        -=[dMw]=-Sadako

www.deadmen.co.uk

Comment

Thank you sadako I do enjoy this map. Alot of routes. Vulcan will get around to it hes getting old on us :)

FUN FUN

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
            Thank you sadako I do enjoy this map. Alot of routes. Vulcan will get around to it hes getting old on us :)
            Thanks mate. We have been play testing it a lot over here across the pond and once people start learning the spots and routes it have been very even games. I still think many are still finding new and interesting angles to the map. I can tell you it helps having built it. You can enjoy the slight edge for a while longer. :row__593:

I was on a short while on your server when the beta version was on and had a chat with Xero about it. Nice bloke btw. There were only 4 in total on at that time. I had to leave to put my son to bed.

One of the comments I got was that it was difficult getting up on the sub. We have fixed that in the final version. There is an extra landing but the sub itself have been moved so you can more easily jump onto it from the far side.

Any feedback or strategy on the map is appreciated. :)
            -=[dMw]=-Sadako

www.deadmen.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
              watch it geezer!

Map is updated to this version.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                watch it geezer!

Map is updated to this version.
                Nice. I will try to get on sometime when you are running it. :)
                -=[dMw]=-Sadako

www.deadmen.co.uk

Comment

If your familiar with our rules you should jump on anytime. If you ask one of the admins while your playing I'm sure they will gladly put it on for you.

Make sure the server is full so you get the full effect. Also take the critacism :) It changes as this team learns the map sometimes it gets better and sometimes worse. But it will give you ideas :)

FUN FUN

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X