cs_alps_css

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs_alps_css

The first release candidate of cs_alps is finally here. Terrorists are holed up in a small alpine village with four hostages inside the local hotel. CT's have several routes they can take to encircle the hotel provided the T's fail to keep up a tight perimeter. There's three rescue zones on the map around the middle area. If the T's have to hold the hotel, they can keep CT's at bay through the various windows and doorways. Once inside the hotel everything switches over to very close combat action. Visuals are superb and the frame rates for me ran anywhere from 60 - 130 or more in most areas. People with low end video cards may get a frame hit though.

There are two small items that may require fixing up before the map makes it into the rotation. On the T side there is a free Scout inside one of the buildings near T spawn. On the CT side there is a shop vendor that will give out one free shotgun each round. Should these features be left in or should we take them out?

cs_alps_css

http://www.lanmaniax.com/maps/html/cs_alps_css.html

Re: cs_alps_css

I really do like the map but i would take out the free shotgun and scout. Espcially the scout that can be really powerful on round 1. And the shotgun just to even it out. Maybe if the guns were on the same tier keep them in but as it is the T's are just way underpowered at the start, seriously a scout. pfft.

Comment

This map looks great I love new maps I say leave the free weapons.
      |TG| Plude220

Comment

Yes I love the map and I believe the shotgun should be left in, that is brillient work there with the bar tender handing it to you, however remove the scout it over powers the T's on the first round even more so than they already are. The CT's will struggle greatly on this map because the windows have tiny panes of glass which makes it hard to see into but still ok for the defnder to see out of. So the CT's could use the hand of an extra shot gun (after all it only has 8 bullets and you'll have to run back to spawn to get more).

So to sum up, very hard map for CT's but will promote heavy teamwork, leave shotgun in but maybe take out the scout.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
        Winston Churchill

Comment

Hey Guys, MayheM here, Just Joined...

I did a quick google search to see if my map got out there and of course to see what people think. I also wanted to take some time to let you know what I was thinking with the scout and the shottie...

"The scout" Originally I had a rather unique setup in the tunnle. I had put two down CTs in there. Accourding to the story to the map they where shot by the sniper in the windows up ahead. Well really one was dead and one had dragged themselves over to the wall out of the line of site. much like the shottie, if you walked into the zone it triggered the dying CT to warn you about the sniper and call you over, once you got into range he gave you the Ct a scout as well. It was a grand plan and I got it to work for the most part but I was adding so much I was afraid the frames would take a beating. So the two CT's where edited out.

"The Shottie" simply put, the shotgun is by far my favorite weapon to use. Dubbed the Mossburg Salad by my friends and I. In fact it started in the original cs_alps back in 1.6, so that was a bit of a hat tip to my friends in the server. The guy in a cafe handing you your Mossburg Salad... Oh one thing about the scout too, he will not give it to the T's only CT's can get it...

ON to things I wish I could ahve done. My goal in mapping is to make things as close to real world as I can. Eventually I will have people walking around in my maps. I did have some in the map at first, but glitchy issues stopped that in its tracks. I am hoping some day NPC's will be able to be in CSS and have populated areas. Picture running into the market in cs_italy and having people walking around and talking, and running away when shooting breaks out. I am not sure if it will ever happen but I see it in my head...

Anyway thanks for the comments on the map, I will take into consideration the removal of the scout for final release.

thanks again,
          MayheM

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...