Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surreal

I was just wondering...
    do we want to look at maps that LOOK weird, but play well or do we want to stick with only 'realistic' maps.

I think we want to only see realistic maps, but I've seen a lot of odd ones that might play well for our style. Just asking as I look at other maps for ideas and thoughts (for us to play on and for me to look for ideas).
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Re: surreal

I for one do not want to see those rubbish all orange maps that seem to be popular here on our TG server.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    Winston Churchill

Comment

Yes, the maps using developer textures(the orange ones) are rubbish. I'm not sure that's what skylark is refering to though when he says surreal. I'm no expert on surrealism but I think he just means maps that are bizzare and strange. Maybe if you could give us some examples of the maps you're looking at and then we can judge them to see if they're suitable for the server.

Comment

Need a spacestation maybe :)

FUN FUN

Comment

i mean more like this:
          http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/58323
          weird colors, odd stuff.
          Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
          " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

lol a pink floyd map lol with a fruity water well. I don't think that would make it but who knows.

FUN FUN

Comment

That is what I mean.. do we even want to LOOK at a map like that? I know if the map sucks from a tactics/layout viewpoint, that is one thing. But what if it is a decent map from playability, but just LOOKS weird...

Do we want to pass on those? I haven't even downloaded one to look at yet.
              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

seizures anyone? :P

- -

Comment

Well I don't pick the maps but this is my opinion on them. Neutral. Yeah anything that doesn't cause distraction to our players. Its bad enough if theres a window in spawn that someone has to break it. We should'nt have to worry about someone trying to shoot out all the GIANT MUSHROOMS either :)

FUN FUN

Comment

Don't make me pay vulcan some cash to change all the maps to crazy ones! I'd do it! Oh yeah...

Wait.... how much? can I make installments?

Nevermind.
                    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

yeah took me long enough to get on board with that stratocorp thingy with the wierd glowing blue thing that is ultra futuristic.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                      Winston Churchill

Comment

I think the Rats/GIJoe maps fall into the same category in terms of whether or not the map itself is a distraction. There were some really well made Rats maps that were very PCS, but for some reason players lost there mind and went into deathmatch mode whenever they came up in the rotation.
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                          I think the Rats/GIJoe maps fall into the same category in terms of whether or not the map itself is a distraction. There were some really well made Rats maps that were very PCS, but for some reason players lost there mind and went into deathmatch mode whenever they came up in the rotation.
                          Odd. That is weird. Hey Vulcan, the brainwashing isn't as effective as we had hoped. Time to upgrade it to TG Brain Wash 3.0 :)

Seriously, I wonder why? Just because a map is a bit odd or whatever doesn't make me suddenly forget teamwork. (Of course, some would argue my version of teamwork involves allowing them to borrow my grenade sans pin, but that is neither here nor there.)
                          " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

I'm with Skylark here. And who says that some terriorsts may not be crazy and just like to have a fun place to hang around at. I'd say if its tactical it should be tested out.

Comment

Until I get some sort of answer, I'm ignoring these maps.

I may look. If I (or someone else) sees a map I think would qualify tactically, I'll suggest it. Then we can decide what we think.
                              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...