• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as_abscond_07v2

as_abscond_07v2

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/42893

Abscond as a VIP map.

Interesting. This map has some possibilities as a VIP map, although it is sort of a straight line map. It would be interesting to try it, esp. given the lack of VIP maps (proportionally). The nav shows hostage rescue points, so it has a problem there but otherwise seems ok.
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Re: as_abscond_07v2

Nice looking map we could use a new Vip map.
    |TG| Plude220

Comment

I'm looking at a lot of vip maps right now. I'll post each one as I look at it (if they look decent)
      1) make sure we don't already have it on server
      2) make sure we haven't all ready discussed it and said no
      3) make sure the map is decent
      4) look for any interesting points
      5) look for any major problems

I'll be looking at:
      as_abscond_07v2
      as_de_nasafinal
      as_de_r0ok
      as_dolls_bb_final2
      as_dust_2
      as_hot_cn
      as_mansion_v2
      as_vespa
      Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

haven't seen any other comments about this map.

I looked at it again.

The name is a vip/assassination map.
        But it shows two hostages at the bottom of the map (as if there are two to rescue) but none seem to be on the map.
        The minimap shows hostage rescue zones. That could be the vip extration, but I"m not sure.

I like this map. It has some neat details. Abscond without the snow. I'm just not sure it is big enough. Perhaps it is a bit too limited. If the ts moved up to guard one of the open spaces between buildings, I think that would turn into a snipe/shoot match.

Anyone else have some thoughts about this map? Only plude made a comment and this is a semi-recent map
        " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

I cant really test as a vip map I dont have the plugin but the layout of the map looks good.
          |TG| Plude220

Comment

The VIP mod requires that hostages be present in a map so that if the VIP doesn't escape in the alloted time the T's will end up winning the match. If you're zooming around in ghost cam on Oilrig you can find them underneath the helicopter landing pad.

I'm not real keen on this one as a VIP map. As a hostage rescue it's really mediocre at best.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X