VIP Maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIP Maps

I'm a huge, huge fan of VIP maps, thus why I am posting this here.

I've noticed that since starting at |TG| Server, I've only experienced one VIP map in the past week, which bothers me.

I was curious exactly how many VIP maps TG has on their tactical server and if they are thinking of reducing the amount of DE/CS maps to allow AS maps to get some play time?

Re: VIP Maps

VIP maps can only be run on the TG server whenever an admin is present. Our current VIP map rotation includes:

as_crisis
    as_arctic
    as_oilrig
    as_recon
    as_trashedmansion

Comment

question of stupidity: why does there have to be an admin on to run?? special commands? or something like that? just wondering

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

They're not in the rotation, so they have to be set or brought up in a vote. And I've played three VIP maps in the 1 year and some months I've been here. They definitely could be played a bit more often.

Comment

I always believed the reason was because VIP maps have been know to turn into death matches, because people turn from trying to escape and rescue the VIP, to just hunting out the enermy. There is still an objective and it has to be monitered by the admin.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
          Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Disciple View Post
            I always believed the reason was because VIP maps have been know to turn into death matches, because people turn from trying to escape and rescue the VIP, to just hunting out the enermy. There is still an objective and it has to be monitered by the admin.
            I have never seen this before....

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Originally posted by Kulmar View Post
              I have never seen this before....
              That's because they are only played when admins are on.

- -

Comment

VIP maps are, according to the few matches I've seen, the maps that have the most actual completions of the objective with equally strong teams. Besides, it really puts an emphasis on the communication part. Failing to call out one enemy can end the round right there, whereas in other modes failing to call out an enemy usually just ends in a minor setback.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                  That's because they are only played when admins are on.
                  Thought for sure I had... made a vote and it TrashedMansion got voted and we played it..

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Is it possible for the average joe like myself to ask an admin that is playing on TG when I am to possibly call a vote for running a few VIP maps?

Comment

Originally posted by Potshot View Post
                      VIP maps are, according to the few matches I've seen, the maps that have the most actual completions of the objective with equally strong teams. Besides, it really puts an emphasis on the communication part. Failing to call out one enemy can end the round right there, whereas in other modes failing to call out an enemy usually just ends in a minor setback.
                      This is how they should be played, but how many times have you played as_oilrig and those T's who spawn downstairs will just runn off into CT spawn without a word to grab the first kills they can find. I have seen it so many times. Remember to also appoint a leader and if he calls the whole team top side for a round, then that is whatyour team should be doing. The strat is not always rush the CT spawn. It should be communicate your spawn positions well, then devise a plan where the whole team can use there numbers to their advantage to ambush the VIP. Don't get me wrong though their are times when a Spawn rush might catch CT's off guard but that is not always.

Originally posted by Kulmar View Post
                      Thought for sure I had... made a vote and it TrashedMansion got voted and we played it..

Well you know for next time to just cancel the vote :row1_7:.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                      Winston Churchill

Comment

To be honest I think all VIP maps are rubbish anyways. Everyone is always so excited for them, everyone votes for them and then after a couple rounds in the map everyone hates it. The reason I think VIP maps are bad is because it's nearly impossible for the CTs to complete their objective. In these maps there's only one rescue point meaning only one point for the CTs to complete their objective and it's impossible to get to this point if the Ts are all watching it. The only way CTs can escape is if the Ts are all out killhunting.

Comment

Acturly as_arctic has two rescue points doesn't it, the helo and the car ?

Winston Churchill

Comment

yeah that's right, the vip maps were added to the votemap list for admins and pcs proven. I had also reduced the maps available dramatically to only 4, maybe 5. I agree though that VIP is not much fun for many since it's one rescue zone and it just ends up in deathmatch comes out as the winner.

It's fun with the right people even through a couple maps and why it's restricted to admin and pcs proven for as long as it doesn't become a problem.

- -

Comment

I like VIP maps also. It really forces some communication, especially on CT side. The Ts could, in theory, all just set back and guard the exit. That usually doesn't happen when we play it though. Usually, a couple act as 'beaters' trying to force the prey forward and the rest act as killers, posted at a few spots. Then they pull back toward the exit as their numbers dwindle. I do like the idea of having 2 exits, though. Would it be hard to add another escape point to some of the maps.

There are some vip maps on fps banana that are new. We should look at them. I looked at a couple.
                              as_abscond_07v2
                              as_de_nasafinal

Plude thought that abscond as "Nice looking map we could use a new Vip map." No one else responded to either one, so I thought no interest. Anyone want to look at the links/maps and maybe we could add some more? In the abscond map, I mentioned the other maps I was going to look at, but got side tracked by some tactics posts.
                              "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                              Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...