de_dust2_remake_ver2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_dust2_remake_ver2

If we are going to have Dust2 on the server why settle for valves crappy textures why not have super awsome high res textures this is about the best looking textures ive seen in a map so far pictures dont do them justice in game its awsome! Very Nice map.

[media]http://www.fotothing.com/photos/983/983b0bbfca8953136ec2a11e6de9c14f_63c.jpg[/media]

[media]http://www.fotothing.com/photos/b84/b8476d4fa13c470a67dcf231324edb46_63c.jpg[/media]

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/76836
    |TG| Plude220

Re: de_dust2_remake_ver2

I just downloaded and checked it out, It's the exact same as de_dust2 but with wayyy better textures, I agree with plude it would be a nice change in map rotation instead of going to just that plain bleh regular d2. Oh yea it's not a monster FPS taker either I still get around 200-300 fps in there. I wish they had unlimited with those textures then it would be perfect

Comment

If just the textures where changed, I've got no objections...but is it really necessary to have de_dust in our rotation? It's really a rather crappy map...

Comment

Originally posted by Nathrael View Post
        If just the textures where changed, I've got no objections...but is it really necessary to have de_dust in our rotation? It's really a rather crappy map...
        This. Unlimited is great. But Dust is essentially a rush map. Heck, I'd even take Aztec over Dust_2.

Comment

one thing that basic dust2 has always done for servers is give it fresh blood. Same with any stock maps which is why i keep a few in rotation but change them out every so often.

This map looks good but i think we'll stick with the stock dust2 simply for that reason. Maybe add this one in for sometimes.

- -

Comment

There is a final version of this now

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/68278

Checking it out.

- -

Comment

I'm indifferent about the game play on Dust but as for the graphics, this version is superior.

Comment

I would prefer this Skinning over the original. We have reskinned office maps why not Dust2?
                sigpic

Comment

The office maps are actual remakes with rooms and hallways added or changed, this it just a reskin of the original.

Comment

No, Office 08 doesn't add anything, other then skins. Same with Classified. It's office just looks kewler.
                    sigpic

Comment

Actually, screw what I've said about de_dust2 before. It's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Xen View Post
                        No, Office 08 doesn't add anything, other then skins. Same with Classified. It's office just looks kewler.
                        Office 08 changes almost all the angles quite significantly this has a huge effect on the gameplay of the map.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X