de_menace_final

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_menace_final

We played this last night, and i liked the map. It has potential but it does tend to get a little boring with all the same textures on the walls.

I like the design though, like to play it more!

- -

Re: de_menace_final

I liked the map a lot. I'll certainly put it on more.. The 'boring' textures don't bother me as long as the layout is good, which it appears to be. We just need to get the bombsite markings to download correctly. Download it from here if you want: http://www.css-maps.de/maps/maps.php...nace_final.rar

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Someone who's smart in the ways of Source/CSS please figure out which files are missing (didn't load/download properly) for clients which don't see the bombsites properly. Once I know which files have failed, I can correct the issue.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Is the server downloading files to the client? specifically vmt's and vtf's?

I noticed i downloaded a res file FYI.

Bomb markings are part of the HL2 installation so unless the mapper used custom ones, you can't fix anything about it.

- -

Comment

As I mentioned last night though, I could see the markings, and I downloaded from the rar. But those who downloaded from the server were not able to see the marks.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Looking at the rar now I can see that there is no custom content outside the bsp.. So why would the bombsites not show marked?

Comment

Well, someone is now saying that this only happens the first time you play after downloading from a server, and that the next time you load the map, it will show correctly. So please let us know if this is still happening.

Comment

mark it up as YET another bug for CS, Valve got a big ol list of em going.

- -

Comment

I just wanted some Clarification on the ramp in this map. I have been recently told that it is ok for cts to rush up the ramp and to the DD area in the beg of the map as long as you dont go through them and as long as its tactical. Even if the bomb isent down. I found this hard to believe but since it came from Gogeta i take it in high respects. Although i remeber several times before where people were told that this was being a frag monkey, and yes there are some instances where you may be allowed up there but in the beg. of a map just rushing up there seems kind of silly expecially if you have 3 people on ct and 2 of them are are at top of ramp by the cars.

Comment

Originally posted by ۩Pyro™۩ View Post
                    I just wanted some Clarification on the ramp in this map. I have been recently told that it is ok for cts to rush up the ramp and to the DD area in the beg of the map as long as you dont go through them and as long as its tactical. Even if the bomb isent down. I found this hard to believe but since it came from Gogeta i take it in high respects. Although i remeber several times before where people were told that this was being a frag monkey, and yes there are some instances where you may be allowed up there but in the beg. of a map just rushing up there seems kind of silly expecially if you have 3 people on ct and 2 of them are are at top of ramp by the cars.
                    I couldn't agree more Pyro.

Though I don't think it should be off-limits to CT's...I do think that CT's rushing right off the bat to meet a T rush right off the bat is a bit absurd for TG's standards. Posting a couple guys up there to pick off the sniper and anyone else running by I would say is completely cool and tactical to boot...but simply rushing without rhyme or reason I definitely look down on myself.

IF the T's continuously rush A through DD and CT's are getting pwnd, then there might not be any other choice than to rush that ramp just to deflect the rush...but other than that I can't see any reason for doing so.
                    | | |

Comment

I don't see any reason for CTs to get up to the DDs except for kill hunting. They have a back route to both bomb sites through CT spawn, as well as a middle route to both sites at the bottom of the ramp.

If the T's rush A through the DDs, CTs can still fire from the bottom of the ramp and call for CTs to shift position from B to A around back. No dire need to run up next to the DD and T spawn.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                      "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                      - Wulfyn

Comment

hense my "as long as its tactically sound" comment when I said it was ok... constant rushing by over half the team to that point isnt. As they said.. one maybe 2 at the most to recon or stop a rush.. should be just fine..
                        Dizlor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X