abstract maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abstract maps

Hey, I was wondering if we might be interested in trying any abstract maps.

There is an abstract map pack and I've looked at a couple of them so far:
    de_abstractplane by HomicidalApe
    de_elemental by MrBlip

They are kind of neat. One of them involves some teleport points (elemental) but it has some cool things.

Like elemental has this underwater place with a square of air at the bomb site. You can't shoot in the water, so you sort of have to enter that cube to fight... makes an interesting position with a T and CT in teh water area faking each other out to go into the water, etc...

So would we be willing to try some freaky map if it was OK? I'm going to look at them just in case. Haven't looked enough to really make a call on them.
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Re: abstract maps

I will check out these maps and update.

.... um .... those are some weird maps..

You can try and convince someone to try this map out on the server.

but... people can't even get their heads around map's as simple as forest or alps or desert atrocity.
    Last edited by Extinct; 04-15-2010, 02:19 AM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

what css needs is a redone version of the old 1.6 map cs_747, i've only seen the really bad ones where it's a 1 level plane with two seating areas compared to the dual level, 3 seating area and kitchen 747 that's in 1.6. It's a super sick map and it has a few vents going throughout the plane

Comment

yeah Extinct. I know. I thought it might be cool to TRY, but I thought that it would give people problems. SOrt of go with the idea of "Weird map night" or something. I see possibilities with these maps, theya re just... abstract.
        "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
        Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
        " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

care to post some links to the maps?

- -

Comment

I haven't checked out the maps, but if they offer tactical possibilities, I don't see why we couldn't have them on like the captain's match or pistols only features. They might not necessarily be good for rotation, since silly or weird maps will always push people towards silly game-play, but with an admin on they could be fun and a nice change.

Comment

Here is a link of the abstract map pack.

I do believe Suid had some idea's on some other fun maps that we could try out on a "Weird map Night" of sorts.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

I wouldn't subject the players to the wacky maps but we could do a night of alternate map styles that fall into the realm of normal like the maps on the bottom right of that picture in the link extinct posted.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X