This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the starting map on server?

I was wondering if we could set the server to not start on de_piranesi every day? I dont think this is a good map to start on every day.

I also would vote for a completely different rotation with allot of new maps on it. I know there are other threads on this subject but I think now is the time for some changes "in order to get more players on" Somethings gotta change!

Re: Changing the starting map on server?

What map do you think would be a good one to start on?
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

i changed it cs_italy. It used to be that the admin tool would choose a random map but that stopped happening and now i can't get it to do it in a script. That was always a nice "bug" though.

Our rotation is already huge and I won't add crappy maps as that will deter people from playing. We've had sessions with all the new maps every few weeks and have added the latest greatest. If you need a map change just ask one of the temp or full admins when you're online via steam, pm here or caa. They do check the forums regularly so even if it's not right away they will get to it pretty soon. I know i'm around pretty regularly.

To help you out though i enabled rock the vote to help get maps flowing.
      Last edited by Vulcan; 05-05-2010, 10:24 AM.

- -

Comment

while we are on the subject of the map rotation, I just counted about 85 maps on the server. Granted not all of them are in rotation but about 60 of them are. One suggestion i have, is filter out some of the maps that people dont enjoy playing. For example we have 4 different offices on the server in rotation. I know that they are all different, however cs_office and cs_office2007 are the same except for the textures. figure out the maps that make people leave vs. the maps that get people to stay/join to play.

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

Thanks for changing it to Italy, people love that map even though I dont. ;)
          I was just thinking of doing something other than what we been doing because the server has been pretty empty.
          For the server being the best I have played on, it makes no sense for it to be empty. I appreciate the change greatly! Thanks.
          *Yes, to many office maps.
          *If we dont like one of the four office maps, RTV it? lol ;)

Comment

It's because people are tired of a 6 year old game spleeph, that's all. Everyone loves the community here though.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
              It's because people are tired of a 6 year old game spleeph, that's all. Everyone loves the community here though.
              Nah. What me and a few other guys are beginning to feel (even some PCS guys) is that the server simply isn`t adding any new maps. One of the things I loved about this server when I first joined was that I didn`t know any of the maps. For once I wasn`t playing in a 24/7 de_dust2 pub. There were rules, mods, and maps that were completely new and fun to explore.

To top it off, many of the maps are simply becoming old. I use to love Kismayo and Italy Tactik, but they are simply overplayed now. I would love to see some old fan favorites taken out of rotation (but left on the server) and about 5-7 new maps added. Now the problem here is finding maps that work for our style of play...

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
                Nah. What me and a few other guys are beginning to feel (even some PCS guys) is that the server simply isn`t adding any new maps. One of the things I loved about this server when I first joined was that I didn`t know any of the maps. For once I wasn`t playing in a 24/7 de_dust2 pub. There were rules, mods, and maps that were completely new and fun to explore.

To top it off, many of the maps are simply becoming old. I use to love Kismayo and Italy Tactik, but they are simply overplayed now. I would love to see some old fan favorites taken out of rotation (but left on the server) and about 5-7 new maps added. Now the problem here is finding maps that work for our style of play...
                I'm sure you'd like to claim that. However the rotation is huge with tg suitable maps not crap. So if you like to play the crap you can find another server for that and you have.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X