• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_xcom

Post your thoughts here....

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: de_xcom

I went through it today. Seemed fairly nice. Its large, but not too large, and I REALLY like the split T spawning.

Comment

Not sure I like it, but the split spawns sure is....interesting. Kinda like not knowing what routes are open in Havana.

Root
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Its almost ok...didnt care for it a whole lot.
        If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
        with any questions or concerns.
        |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

did any of yall ever play xcom the game? i haven't played the cs map (WoW owns my soul) but it sounds like the game with teams not spawning together. great game.
          frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

ive played it but i cant find my way around it at all. i played it on a fragmonkey server (i know, hit me :( ) and i just bought a shotgun and a pistol and ran around in random directions and killed whatever i saw. its really big and quite detailed, any lag issues?

Comment

The map is ok, not too linear, some alternate roots you can take =P

My main gripe is that both bombsites are contained in small rooms, which will make planting and retaking tend toward go in guns blazing style. But that can sometimes be fun.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
              "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
              - Wulfyn

Comment

I don't like the aspect of both teams going to a.

If this IS the map I'm thinking of.. where CTs start in either the middle floor room, or bombsite A, and Ts spawn (i think) on the roof.

If thats the map, then when both teams try and get to a at the same time from their spawn points, they find themselves in an immediate firefight.

The map is pretty fun but boundaries should be set back a little more for it, in my opinion. It would make the map far less cramped.

Comment

If there's an issue with getting to bombsites, we need to consider removing the map. Defence *must* be *able* to get to the objective first for PCS play.

Someone tried telling me that the CT's spawn on the ground floor it T's spawn on the roof, but I find that hard to believe - sometimes a lone T will spawn at the alternate site.

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Then we should consider removing the map, because countless tiems when I call a in team chat at the beginning of a round as a ct, I go downstairs and, as FPS Doug would put it,

BOOM! Headshot.

Comment

if you no like the de version, they made a cs version called "cs_xcom" lol, it is the same exact building....split spawning...but there are hostages instead of bombsite. give it a look :)
                      [email protected]
                      MSN [email protected]
                      aim=marinesusmcs

Comment

Yeleyna if you have a link to download cs_xcom, please post it in the CS general discussion forum, in the new map suggestions thread.

I did put cs_xcom on the server, but there were errors. I got it from csbanana.com.

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

CSBanana are not the most reliable for maps, or at least from what i've seen.

I commented on DE_Xcom already but I feel the urge to make this post at least remotely on-topic.

Guarding A is hard for CTs on this map, it's worse than guarding B on dust2 when the Ts do a full on B rush.

I can honestly not see it making rotation.

Comment

I find this map can be quite a rush-fest, which is a shame.

Root
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Is this the map that moves you from spawn to spawn and has a helicopter up above?

If so, I'm not particularly fond of it.
                              _

_

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse