pcs_junglerescue (all versions)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pcs_junglerescue (all versions)

With an update now very close to being released, please use this thread for your comments, and for any future updates of the map.

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: pcs_junglerescue (all versions)

This map is very difficult for CT's. Very.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
      This map is very difficult for CT's. Very.
      That will be changing.

- -

Comment

check out the new version, GIVE FEEDBACK and you shall be rewarded!

- -

Comment

Downloading it as I type, getting ready for some feedback. Loved b3, thought it was a great map.
          |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

i played it last night briefly, as a T.

Have to say i like the new terrain around the hossie areas (where it's more 'bumpy'), and of course the new tunnel under the hossies! i'll report more when i've played it a few more times.

Comment

My only major complaint so far about the map was that I played it for the first time yesterday, and of course it was 1 on 1 against- who else Vulcan. Otherwise it was fun.
              Covered some of it here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=58874
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I don't think this map is very hard on the CT's. There are 3 routes into the hostage area, all of which are passable with coordination and some stealth. I wouldn't change it too much.

Comment

Thanks for the input, i know of the issues but nothing breaking for it. They'll get fixed in the next update.

FYI i'm going to make a DE version of tundra as well as the AS version. That will be up and coming in about a month.

- -

Comment

I see alot of people not downloading this map from the server because it takes to long, that's why this is here. you can get it from my sig or the link in the official post.

- -

Comment

I know there have been comments about it being 'Laggy'. Has any kind of optimization been looked at? Other than that, i think its great.

I am not sure about the lighting in the tunnel though.........its either 'cool' reminicent of AVP, or annoying as i cant see without a torch.......but then that does give away approaching CT's.....need to play it again.

Comment

shouldn't be nearly as laggy. The lag before was caused by my malnutrioned trees. But then again people complain about lag like it's all that exists on the internet.

- -

Comment

I havent personally had much lag, just a few 'judders' in the first round. But I know the other night people were complaining.

Great map though Vulcan!

(if you could provide me with a parachute for that first fall as a CT it would be amazing!!!)

Comment

Feedback on the current version running on TG servers:

It's a good map with multiple approaches and good size.

I don't think it should be in rotation until some fixes are made (I've seen it cause a mass exodus of players leaving the server more often than not).

1) Footboards outside the back hut can be shot out to make getting the hostages out a pain in the ***.
                            2) The hostages get stuck on so many spots it's difficult to list them all.
                            3) The waterfall area has a "crap I'm stuck point" if you fall off the wooden planks into the falls.
                            4) The underground passages are a flashlighting nightmare. Not sure if this is a map thing or a game physics thing but in some spots the flashlight seems to work and in some it's like it's not even on.
                            5) There are water sounds all over the map purportedly causing players to have a high AFK rate due to urination needs that are brought about.
                            6) At least one CT spawn parachute drop causes damage.
                            7) The buy zone for CTs should be extended vertically so CTs can buy as they fall as to not give Ts an advantage and to also avoid CTs hitting wrong numbers as they try to buy while they fall into the buy zone.

This map does have potential to be a standard but it's hurtin' right now.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                            "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                            - Wulfyn

Comment

Originally posted by Sloppy Joe
                              5) There are water sounds all over the map purportedly causing players to have a high AFK rate due to urination needs that are brought about.
                              LOL...

And I disliked playing this map for all of the other reasons mentioned. I thought Vulcan had fixed them, though...
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X