If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
"The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli
I know there have been comments about it being 'Laggy'. Has any kind of optimization been looked at? Other than that, i think its great.
I am not sure about the lighting in the tunnel though.........its either 'cool' reminicent of AVP, or annoying as i cant see without a torch.......but then that does give away approaching CT's.....need to play it again.
Feedback on the current version running on TG servers:
It's a good map with multiple approaches and good size.
I don't think it should be in rotation until some fixes are made (I've seen it cause a mass exodus of players leaving the server more often than not).
1) Footboards outside the back hut can be shot out to make getting the hostages out a pain in the ***.
2) The hostages get stuck on so many spots it's difficult to list them all.
3) The waterfall area has a "crap I'm stuck point" if you fall off the wooden planks into the falls.
4) The underground passages are a flashlighting nightmare. Not sure if this is a map thing or a game physics thing but in some spots the flashlight seems to work and in some it's like it's not even on.
5) There are water sounds all over the map purportedly causing players to have a high AFK rate due to urination needs that are brought about.
6) At least one CT spawn parachute drop causes damage.
7) The buy zone for CTs should be extended vertically so CTs can buy as they fall as to not give Ts an advantage and to also avoid CTs hitting wrong numbers as they try to buy while they fall into the buy zone.
This map does have potential to be a standard but it's hurtin' right now.
[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ]
"The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves." - Wulfyn