cs_kismayo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs_kismayo

alright...big map...middle-eastern setting...split sets of hostages...pretty cool...we did a little 1 on 1....seemed to work out fine...i vote thumbs up until we get more people on it

hostages came to recue point fine

Re: cS_kismayo

It could end up a sniper map with the way it's laid out (the numerous rooftops) but we won't find that out until we get enough people together to play it. Other than that it seems like it has some promise, with a lot of different routes to choose from.

For the latest on the , , and , visit the .

Comment

Re: cs_kismayo

We like this map. Very difficult for both sides, and perfectly playable without scouts. I can see this ending up in rotation.
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

great map here, was alot of fun. It's very complex and you better mind the objective or you'll be losing to hostage rescues alot!

- -

Comment

I doubt any map will turn into a sniper map now that we have our limit on 1 scout per team :) This map looks like a challenge tho and is a definite thumbs-up on my part.
          -Stasis
          sigpic
          Connor: We haven't really got a system of deciding who, Roc. It's, uh...
          Rocco: Me! *Me*! I'm the guy! I know everyone! Their habits, who they hang
          out with, who they talk to! I've got phone numbers, addresses! I know who
          they're screwing! I know where they live! We could kill *everyone.*
          Murphy: So what do you think?
          Connor: I'm strangely comfortable with it.
          *The Boondock Saints*

Comment

I like this map. Plenty points of entry, it will really keep the terrorists on their toes!

Comment

Good map though the forward hosties closest to the CT spawn point are a little to easy to nab.

Good thing there are two more :)
              Josh -
              Some men will always be animals, while others ... they will be Men.

Comment

I wouldn't mind 24/7 cs_kismayo, if that states my view of it.

Comment

what is your deal with chuck norris?

All I ask for is communication

Comment

Personally from a strategic defense oint for the Ts, this is a very CT bent map. There are 4 entry points to cover in the large hostie area including an open roof which is a PITA to defend. The CTs have an advantage with multiple routes to and from the hostie area.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben
                      what is your deal with chuck norris?
                      We're afraid of him, and you should be too.

Comment

Please, with my mad CS:S skillz, I would woop on him like a little bitch.

Comment

Very pretty map. Kills FPS in some areas.

I find the Ts fight at a huge disadvantage on this map. If they are outside, the CTs have no less than 4 vantage points to take shots at them from very respectable cover. Any Ts on the roof lack real cover to hide behind. Basically, the CTs can expose themselves to only one field of fire, while a T who tries to shoot back exposes himself to numerous angles of fire.

The cover inside is also non-existant with numerous entry points which are almost impossible to cover effectively. There are few hard corners to double cover that don't leave you exposed. Once again, if a T engages a CT in one area, he's open to counter-attack from at least 2 more areas.

Compare this to Office (not extended). When the Ts finally do decide to fall back, they have two choke points that cover BOTH hostage areas, and if they fall back again to the projector room, they once again have two entrances to cover that don't expose themselves to other fields of fire. Even with this, smart CTs can bypass it.

Hence, office is a PCS map.

I just don't see Kismayo as PCS material.

Comment

Agreed. This map is one sided and small. The only proper way i see to defend the hosties is to forward attack the CT's as they try to come from the spawn. Not meaning spawn attack, just simply cut them off before they can spread out too much.
                            I vote we drop it.

Comment

The following T setup has worked pretty well thus far:

T sniper on ground covering right side avenue (left side for CT), another T on roof in SUPPORT- he takes out CTs while sniper is engaged; therefore, he cannot be seen until its action time. (sniper should be able to hear hosties in back building... roof T should hear forward building hosties - this will warn the team into action should the CTs somehow slip through the perimeter.)

The rest of the Ts assume forward defensive positions ON GROUND at left side alleys. IMPORTANT: These are passive positions, only if a CT runs into you do you fire. Essentially, you wait for them to run by (listen for them on roof), call in the contact, and stay hidden. If you shoot, the bullets should enter the backs of their heads - not the front.

When forward building hosties are on the move, left side Ts in the alleys can move around into the small courtyard from behind to cut off the rescue. (If the CTs somehow get to the back building first, the Ts SHOULD be able to pin down the CTs inside the building. Remember, positionally speaking, they will be in our shoes. :) )

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X