de_piranesi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_piranesi

Ok there doesn't seem to be a discussion thread on this here. So i'm making one.

I want it back in rotation! Root doesn't like it because of lack of routes apparently but the gameplay is undeniable IMO. This was our first championship tourney map and it was electric.

I think it has lots of quality and good training ability for new to pcs players.

Thoughts?

- -

Re: de_piranesi

meh i am sort of biast towards this because i dont like piranesi gameplay ... then again I have never played piranesi with you guys!

Comment

Has always been a favorite standard map of mine... Id love to see it :)
      Dizlor

Comment

I'd really like this map as well. It is very fun on either side.

Comment

I like this map

All I ask for is communication

Comment

I enjoy Piranesi. Prehaps there's some modified/updated variation that would work better here? Should I go digging again?

Comment

Originally posted by Priest View Post
              Prehaps there's some modified/updated variation that would work better here? Should I go digging again?
              Please do! I've tried cs_piranesi on our server, and it just didn't work. I find the de_ version to be very bland from a tactical point of view, and IIRC, the T's can get to A as fast as the CT's, thereby removing it's value as a PCS map.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I'll keep an eye out for one. There's always a way to fix a map.

Comment

I think the normal version works fine. If people insist on rushing, no matter the map, they have admin action taken against them.

- -

Comment

My main problem with this map is that the roof is so important. There is only one path you can take that you are safe from attacks from the roof. So you are stuck with two options: attack the roof, or go through the middle (well, theres a third: rushing past the areas covered by the roof, but I think we can all agree that that option isn't very appealing). With this fact, its no wonder that the roof turns into a deathmatch so often.
                    - Drake_Anra

Comment

putting a scout or rifleman at the door going to A immediately pretty much guarantees that any bomb attempting to go A will not make it and force that defense on the roof to come down.

- -

Comment

Nhammen>

I agree. Terrorists absolutely must rush the roof. If they do not, CTs can secure and watch the entrance to B and all of A from relative safety.

Still, it is difficult for the Ts to get to the roof first. One player has to jump through the window in the tower, and than toss a HE across the top.

That said, I am enjoying piranesi in rotation.

-Aaron

Comment

This is one of the more PCS oriented stock maps. Thumbs up.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                          "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                          - Wulfyn

Comment

this map is fun you should check out for a forum about tactics for it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X