cs_Office_Extreme

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs_Office_Extreme

This map is currently on the server, so discussion here is proper.

Personally I feel this map should not be on the map rotation for two reasons.

1) Bugs. There are a few places where the player can see over a long distance. The way CS:S treats entities over long distance is to "fade" them out. For example, a player hiding behind the dumpster in the back courtyard can be seen and shot at by a player coming up the new back staircase, while he cannot see out or return fire. This also applies to the tipped vending machine.

2) Gameplay is better with other Office versions. Extreme suffers from "New Route" feature creep. A ton of new routes that are all mostly worthless: they are just new ways to get to the same bottlenecks. Office_Extended contains better gameplay, and is a good candidate for replacement.

I know TG players enjoy the bigger maps, and I respect that. However, I feel point number one is gamebreaking. In my oppinion, the TG map rotation should represent the best this community has to offer, and maps with serious gameplay effecting bugs should not be in automatic rotation. Admins are allways welcome to change to that map when they are present.

-Aaron

Re: cs_Office_Extreme

i have been saying this for weeks. Longer routes that still end up with fire fights in 2 rooms. Projector room and hallway. Every single office version that is all you get. If they moved the hosties around to different spots that might be cool, but extreme just makes the same game last way to long.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Trooper.

I agree with you completely about the variety of Office maps, but I didn't want to sound like a heretic.

Allthough, cs_Office_Extended does add that little spice of variation on the back hall, it doesn't solve the projector room holdup that is the essential experience we call "Office."

I also don't like how CTs can rescue hostages through the windows, but I suspect that is me being a cranky old man, rather than an objective map reviewer.

-Aaron
      Last edited by What Is Schwa?; 03-07-2007, 05:49 PM.

Comment

I'm not in favor of this map either, to big to end up in the same fire fights.

- -

Comment

What we really need, is a PCS version of office. The hostages could be further apart, and the many routes could be put to better effect.
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
            What we really need, is a PCS version of office. The hostages could be further apart, and the many routes could be put to better effect.
            yeah if the hostages where in the front office and in the projector room i think it might be worth it.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
              yeah if the hostages where in the front office and in the projector room i think it might be worth it.
              I think you mean back office, and it's much too exposed. Windows on 3 sides ftl.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

well i call that the front since there are front doors there. the back hosties have windows on 2 sides. Just move them far enough so people cant take them thru them.
                -Vulcan

Comment

actually that is the front of the office... the elevator window is back stairs and window. Run around outside front office and hit a radio command and see what your location says :P
                  Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                    actually that is the front of the office... the elevator window is back stairs and window. Run around outside front office and hit a radio command and see what your location says :P
                    just to be clear....are you saying im right....
                    -Vulcan

Comment

yes I am...
                      Dizlor

Comment

MAin entrances on std. office - Front office windows, front stairs, back stairs, back window.
                        Dizlor

Comment

My only concern with office currently is the projector room. I know that having two entrances is good on some maps, but with this one I just donít see the how the supply room is a defendable point for the Tís. Also the other hostages are just too exposed in any of the extended maps. Let me ask this if you were Terrorists in real life would you put hostages in a room were you can be shot from almost every angle. I know what I just said is contradicting but well I kind of like looking at things in a real life scenario.

Comment

The way I see it the only thing Extreme accomplishes is to make Sidehall/Longhall indefensible. The CT's don't even have to enter the building to rescue the hosties in couches, and I think that might be a borderline exploit. What Terrorist isn't going to tie up or otherwise incapacitate his hostages, isn't that why physical contact is required by the CT's to free them? There are very few camping spots on this side now that don't leave you open for enemy infiltration to your rear.

While on the Garage Stair/Mainhall side there are a few other changes. Mainly the addition of the 2nd Longsnipe on the back wall of the courtyard, and the other stairway beside the elevators, which just forces the T's to stick closer to their spawn, because of the lack of campable positions where your back isn't exposed.

You can defend Paper/Storage/Projector Rooms the same way you would in any other Office variation, while sidehall and the hostages in couches are very hard to defend if the CT's come from multiple directions. Which in turn just forces the T's to camp projector with more and more force.

I think in the end what it comes down to is this map was designed for 40-50+ players on a normal public server. It's main goal being to eliminate the tedium of constant massacres in Longhall of rushing CT's by camped T's, by removing any really good camping spots that couldn't be flanked.

You could try moving the set of hostages in couches, but I don't see any really good spot to move them. Unless you wanted to set up a second T spawn point and buyzone. Otherwise it would just turn into a foot race by both teams for them.
                            The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty". -R.A. Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
                              just to be clear....are you saying im right....
                              He is saying that, but he's wrong. For reasons passing understanding, we've always refered to the office that has a window overlooking the snowman as "back office" We do this even though this makes absolutely no sense when we go to the diagonal opposite end of the map and call that "back stairs". We also refer to "long hall" when it's definitely called something different under your radar. Just one of those weird PCS quirks I guess.
                              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X