de_nightfever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_nightfever

This thread is for the discussion about de_nightfire.

I for one onle played it as a T for about 10 rounds.. but I liked it quite a bit. It has the CQB I really like, semi long range picking off I like, and well protected/protectable bombsites. Plus it looks really good too :) It just may prove to be a great de_ map for this server like kismayo has for the hostage rescue scene. It seems pretty balanced, as long as the Ts plan well and execute.

:icon14:

Thoughts ?
    Dizlor

Re: de_nightfever

Is that nightfire or nightfever? lol

Good map and we played it out pretty well. This map is great when you got some PCS guys planning on each team.

- -

Comment

its nightfever :P nightfire was James Bond ;)
      Dizlor

Comment

Ok i just downloaded this after reading Schwa's surgestion of it in another thread and i have to say im impressed.

PRO's:
        1. Theres are multi layered routes with lots of cover on the flanks, which can make all the diffenerence when the CT's have pushed forward slightly with a rifle.

2. The map is very well made and nice little touches make all the difference in my opinion to enjoying the level (such as the car park has a ticket machine).

3. Radar is properly implemented and there are area names which are easy to recall due to distinct features of the map.

4. T's have lots of choise when it comes to a plan being compromised (since the map has so many inter locking paths captains should be able to quickly come up with an alturnative path).

5. There are paths for different weapons, such as outside for your rifles and indoor close combat for your smg's and shotguns.

CON's
        1. I can see rushing to B being very popular since it is very easy for the T's to get a foot hold there since they can come in on the higher ground of that bombsite.

2. Since the map is ment to be set at midnight im a little disapointed that both the outside routes are so well lite, it would have been nicer for the river side path to have been in the dark.

If i think of more i will edit my post but yeah great find and id gladly see it in rotation if it isnt already (sorry to bore you with my long post).

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
        Winston Churchill

Comment

I just played it for the first time today as a T and I'm loving this map. It's wonderful to look at, has lots of routes, and is anything but boring.

I did see a lot of complaining coming from the CT side that there are too many paths to cover and the map is no good. I'm a little concerned by that since much of it was coming from TG taggers. Maps that only have 2 or 3 entrances that you can pile men into to defend creates a deathmatch scenario where you cannot be sneaky and you cannot use your brains, it's just here, have a shootout in the bottlenecks and best shooters win.

Maps like nightfever are exactly what PCS is about.

Maybe if the CTs didn't have guys flanking the parking garage/front entrance. Maybe if they didn't try to cover every hallway and only select a few of the better ones to cover. Maybe if they played closer to the bombsites as they should be instead of pushing forward and spreading out to get picked off. Maybe don't get so drawn in by distraction tactics from the Ts...

Usually DE maps only challenge the T side to figure out a plan on how to win. Usually on DE maps like dust 2, CTs don't even bother except for something brain dead like 3 go right 2 go left. This map needs the CTs to plan as well and use a little more thought.

I'm kinda getting sick of maps getting slammed that offer more than a few paths to take and require teamwork to win. parkhouse is no longer in rotation mostly because T's would whine about how there is no cover. Almost every time I was on T on that map we'd win because I'd encourage them to spread out, cover what they could, call out targets, triangulate on targets, and work together.

If you guys like dust 2 and standard office because defense doesn't have to do much but protect a couple entrances, fine, you don't hear me going on about how unintelligent, boring, and PCS limitted those maps are. It's good that we have a variety of maps to cater to players that want the simple alley shootouts. But if you guys want to slam on maps that allow for more PCS and TG style of play and teamwork, go ahead, I'll start slamming on the mindless deathmatch oriented maps we have in rotation. If the majority of players don't want to play more open ended maps like this one or parkhouse or abbaye, fine, take them out of rotation. There won't be much of a reason for me to want to join the server other than to kill some time, shoot some guys for a while, get bored, and logout.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
          "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
          - Wulfyn

Comment

Sloppy Joe>

I recomended de_Nightfever and am glad to hear someone come to it's defense. I felt it had everything right and could be an example of what a PCS map could be.

I'm really saddened to hear that the CT team feels like they are at a disadvantage. We are used to playing maps that favor the defensive team, so when one comes along that the defenders have to work a little harder, it appears no-one likes it.

I really felt that de_nightfever would encourage some creative play on both offense and defense. If it does gain some popularity I will make it the focus of my next (and extremely delayed!) strategy guide.

I suspect that introducing this map while the server is experiencing an influx of irregular players might be contributing to the dislike. In order for creative plans to emerge we probobly need a lot of TG players willing to try something new. I sincerely hope that the admins will continue to offer their support, and not let de_nightfever die like de_strata did.

-Aaron

Comment

I didn't hear anyone complain about it personally.

- -

Comment

Well i was playing as a CT last night against a T side that was full of great players mostly with TG tags so it was a little worriesome at first but it became clear that bomb site A was very easy to defend with some great balcony's to remain hidden in till you hear planting. Bomb site B however is a little further away and harder to make a defensive claim to unless you take the building that over looks it. Considering some people are having a little trouble on this map ill post a thread with a few positions i found usefull on this map as a CT in the tactic section.

Hope this will help.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                Winston Churchill

Comment

I'm sure it's in the text logs. Even some T's were complaining that there were too many passages. I dunno, maybe the whining started after you left.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                  "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                  - Wulfyn

Comment

enjoyable on the t side heh

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed