DE_Nuke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DE_Nuke

Vulcan, if we have too many DE maps in rotation for some new fresh ones, how about we replace this map from rotation?

Nuke is pretty boring, T's can go right side, center, or left to B ramp. Yawn factor 9.2. Alley head on shootouts are the mainstay. A nice looking map but a design that seems more suited towards training people to play CSS than having to think about tactics or teamplay, especially for the CTs.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
    "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
    - Wulfyn

Re: DE_Nuke

I love this map though... :D. I think this map, like parkhouse, COMMANDS that you bring your best teamwork skills every single round. Good teams do not make this map boring, with all due respect Sloppy Joe.

()

Comment

Nuke has always been one of my least favorites. I don't see much in the lines of PCS potential in this map. As Sloppy said, the tactics are limited to the same approaches every round. I wouldn't be sad to see this one go.
      | | |

Comment

Doesn't almost 90% of any CS map out there have only a few routes? It's hard to find any map that offers more than 3 routes.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
          Doesn't almost 90% of any CS map out there have only a few routes? It's hard to find any map that offers more than 3 routes.
          Exactly... arcticstorm suffers from a very similar problem.

()

Comment

While this may be true, due to Nuke being so small, the proximity of the routes (really there's just two...you go outside or you go inside) makes the map feels a lot more deathmatch than PCS to me.
            | | |

Comment

I'll agree with that though I will say the map can be fun after you've played a huge map. Same with any smaller map. In a perfect server environment the maps would get bigger or smaller with the server population!

- -

Comment

In a perfect server environment the maps would get bigger or smaller with the server population!
                Hmm, sounds like a plan...
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

That's why when you find gems like negociator, parkhouse, nightfever, knight, ignorance, you spill some malt liquor on the curb and maybe even shed a tear or two.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                  "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                  - Wulfyn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X