This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_penstock | Reasons why Sewers doesnt normally work

THe other night I was on the server and we all tried to take sewer, I suggested this the other night thinking a rush on sewers would work. Forgive I can not think of the map but the screen shot should jog peoples memories.

Sewers works but not as a rush, thats all i got.

1 or two Good nade (s) and its all over
    "THOUGHTS BECOME THINGS"

Re: Reasons why Sewers doesnt normally work

Penstock. Yeah, that's a bummer. Though, it's not hard to smoke right side, wait about 20 seconds and smoke left. Sewers wide open.

Comment

Yeah, if you're playing against at least five CTs, chances are they have one man dedicated to watching the sewers. This gets to be amusing when the sewers guy is the last one left alive and doesn't quite know what's going on.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

LoL, that picture is phonage there. I hate sewers, but it is a last and not first resort action after you think you got some of there numbers down, its always covered, why? I think if your a CT with a full group and don't have the sewers covered that your more of a laughing penstock :) at least post 1 man, and Remeber his name, (actually remeber everyone's name at key positions if possible) by all means because when he goes down its partytime :) It has been done that way though, once the guard at sewer goes down its not pretty as long as the T's don't go off killhunting to celebrate the breach.

Cya at lockdown Bolt

FUN FUN

FUN FUN

Comment

I will play CS:S again...if not just to show people how to work the sewers.
          | | |

Comment

You'll play CS:S again because it's required in the SOPs. Read up!

Note: can an admin quickly put something about Atomic Dog in the SOPs for me? Then you can call on me for a favor later, like the Godfather.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I have had success in the sewers. when i do it i send two people to the catwalk and one to the right side. I then have both groups start to work on there points. The rest of use enter the sewer and wait until the two at the catwalk are dead or moving across and then exit. It works most of the time but not always.

Comment

Yeah, sewers is tough. The only plan I've ever seen work on a consistent basis is when everyone goes catwalk and right side, leaving just the bomb carrier and one other to take sewers for a sneak plant.

That screenshot alone though made that rush a success, hehe.
                The Jackal |TG|

Comment

Re: de_penstock | Reasons why Sewers doesnt normally work

Sewers is best 1st round, after that you better have some serious tactical planning to pull off a plant at A through 'em.
                  The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty". -R.A. Heinlein

Comment

LOL. Great picture. Sewers are a waste of time for that map until a 1v1.
                    ------------

------------

Comment

There is a way into everything just have to time it right.
                      Shadowolf expect the unexpected.

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                        You'll play CS:S again because it's required in the SOPs. Read up!

Note: can an admin quickly put something about Atomic Dog in the SOPs for me? Then you can call on me for a favor later, like the Godfather.
                        LUCA: Don Corleone...I am honored, and grateful...that you invited me to your home...on the wedding day of your...daughter. May their first child...be a masculine child. I pledge my never ending loyalty.

BONASERA: Be my friend.

DON CORLEONE: Good. From me you'll get Justice.

BONASERA: Godfather.

DON CORLEONE: Some day, and that day may never come, I would like to call upon you to do me a service in return.

Be careful Ednos.. the Godfather might call in that favor..lol
                        I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
                        It makes small numbers formidable
                        procures success to the weak
                        and esteem to all.

Comment

I am ready to do as he bids, if he will only murder the people who raped my daughter.
                          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
                            LoL, that picture is phonage there. I hate sewers, but it is a last and not first resort action after you think you got some of there numbers down, its always covered, why? I think if your a CT with a full group and don't have the sewers covered that your more of a laughing penstock :) at least post 1 man, and Remeber his name, (actually remeber everyone's name at key positions if possible) by all means because when he goes down its partytime :) It has been done that way though, once the guard at sewer goes down its not pretty as long as the T's don't go off killhunting to celebrate the breach.

Cya at lockdown Bolt

FUN FUN
                            Sorry Spar ill have to disagree Sewers is vital for penstock. First off if your not going sewers theres one less man on you because hes covering sewers. Secondly on a 5v5,6v6+
                            You send 3/4 guys to cats/red/white room then you have the bomber stay back with another member (Preferably someone with an smg or a rifle) and wait a little bit then move towards sewers after a while so ur distraction works you have a perfect chance for A. If there covering the sewers then you nade,flash, kill then move towards A. Then its game over right there because theres perfect set up for A. and thats why sewers is a crusial part in penstock.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.FAsTy View Post
                              Sorry Spar ill have to disagree Sewers is vital for penstock. First off if your not going sewers theres one less man on you because hes covering sewers. Secondly on a 5v5,6v6+
                              You send 3/4 guys to cats/red/white room then you have the bomber stay back with another member (Preferably someone with an smg or a rifle) and wait a little bit then move towards sewers after a while so ur distraction works you have a perfect chance for A. If there covering the sewers then you nade,flash, kill then move towards A. Then its game over right there because theres perfect set up for A. and thats why sewers is a crusial part in penstock.
                              Many people have tried this so many times. One thing you'll figure out quickly on our server is the guy watching sewers is no fool. I've seen it 90% of the time anyone going sewers ends up dead, it just doesn't matter how hard you try. The few times it will works is when you have an excellent grenadier who can aim the flashes and nades perfectly into the spots that the ct's will watch from. Though Assault has a great spot for this that just can't be beat.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X