Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban Warfare Map

Amazing.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Re: Urban Warfare Map

Indeed. Played as a CT on this map today and the only thing I see is, at least most of the CTs (probably 4 or 5) need to cover B, while the the rest can cover A. B needs more defenders as there are many points of cover the Ts can use when they clear out and plant. And when the CTs come over and try to defuse, any Ts they miss can quickly take them out.

And out of curiosity, is there a cs_ version of this map?
    The reason I call myself "the village idiot"? Name a teamate I haven't accidently shot yet.
    ----
    Playing as "Nikon", "the_village_idiot", or "villge_idiot"

Comment

New favorite map! This is incredible. There's even a distance at which it's hard to use the scout because of the fog!

Having two scouts was a brilliant idea; can it be set to automatically change the restriction for this map every time?

Someone mentioned increasing the server capacity to twenty for this map. If that's possible, I'm all for it; ten people on each side would be awesome.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

EDIT: More people would be great, but the map may feel "smaller" as so many people are covering an area. Having the 16 man matches on this map (it's really adding one more person to each team) may really help.
        Last edited by the village idiot; 06-13-2007, 02:22 AM.
        The reason I call myself "the village idiot"? Name a teamate I haven't accidently shot yet.
        ----

Comment

Very well made map. Definately challenging for both sides. I likey.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
          "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
          - Wulfyn

Comment

We were playing this game yesterday and I was on Ts. We would plant the bomb(at B) and then the CTs would come. For some odd reason though, after 30 second or so of the bomb ticking, the game game would lag for around 10 seconds, and when i say lag, I mean completely stop. Once the lagging stopped, it turns out the bomb had exploded and the Ts have won. I asked the other guys on my team and they said it happened to them as well. Has this happened to anyone else and can we fix it. This map looks awsome.
            |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

It's not related to the map, this happened on arcticstorm too. Something in the recent valve update borked up again and hopefully fixed soon. Other servers are having the issue as well.

- -

Comment

Not only did it lag up, but at map change, CSS locked. TaskMan showed it had memory-leaked its way beyond 512MB, and I couldn't even kill the process. I'd had this issue on Tac in the past after playing for many hours straight, but apparently it's recently exacerbated.

Comment

I've never had this problem until the Valve update, and it's happening with multiple maps. I'm glad it's not this map; this thing is amazing.
                  The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                  I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

This map was created for a CS:S website of the same name.

Just in case anyone was curious.

-Aaron

Comment

Yeah, somewhere on the wall in the main street is that logo as a matter of fact.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                      Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                      Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

i really love this map, but today I ran into a problem when playing it. A T sniper rushed to B every round, and he always got on top of the van before any CTs got to the site. This means that Ts can reach their closest entrance to B at the same time as CTs can reach their closest entrance to B if both teams rush...

Or maybe I'm just slow or something...
                        - Drake_Anra

Comment

hmmm i dont really care to much for the map. I just never seem to enjoy myself on this map no matter how good i am doing. But that is just my opinion and im sure its 1 in a million.
                          There are no winners in war.

Comment

Originally posted by nhammen View Post
                            i really love this map, but today I ran into a problem when playing it. A T sniper rushed to B every round, and he always got on top of the van before any CTs got to the site. This means that Ts can reach their closest entrance to B at the same time as CTs can reach their closest entrance to B if both teams rush...

Or maybe I'm just slow or something...
                            If you mean the gate entrance to B, CT's don't necessarily have to go through there to B through that gate, there's one more route to get to B and set up.
                            ----

Comment

Originally posted by the village idiot View Post
                              If you mean the gate entrance to B, CT's don't necessarily have to go through there to B through that gate, there's one more route to get to B and set up.
                              I mean either the gate or the stairwell door. The gate is slightly faster, but the sniper sees you sooner as well. Either way, you have no time to set up. Luckily, the Ts tend not to rush on this map.
                              - Drake_Anra

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X