Desert atrocity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert atrocity

I love this map, though I've only played it on the CT side. Yesterday, though, I couldn't figure out a good way to cover both bombsites. It seems like it takes 4 men just to cover the A bombsite and the middle area near it. Even then, if even one of the men go down, the whole opposing team can rush in. And because the T's can get in so damn fast, you've got to know you're positions the moment you can move. Heck, the only time we actually won as a team instead of 1-2 people taking out the entire Opfor and defusing after the rest of the team failed was when we stacked one bombsite and had one watching B just in case.

So, does anyone have any working strategies? And a T view of the map would also be useful.

Re: Desert atrocity

There is a middle courtyard on this map where you can see any movement into B. The best thing the CT's can do is always get a guy spotting there. Just one to spot and the rest holding out near the B bombsite and in a position to reinforce A if needed. Since you have a clear view of any opfor going to b from the spotter in the middle the guys watching B don't have to sit right on top of it.

- -

Comment

Cool. Is letting them in the bombsite considered against the rules? Because by letting them in and attacking as soon they plant gives an advantage. Chances are, most of them will be behind the boxes(A bombsite) And easy to flush out with a few nades. then you could have one CT run in and defuse while everyone else covers. It's risky, but on a few occasions we've been forced into a similar situation and we've almost always won.

Comment

Originally posted by Potshot View Post
        Cool. Is letting them in the bombsite considered against the rules? Because by letting them in and attacking as soon they plant gives an advantage. Chances are, most of them will be behind the boxes(A bombsite) And easy to flush out with a few nades. then you could have one CT run in and defuse while everyone else covers. It's risky, but on a few occasions we've been forced into a similar situation and we've almost always won.
        Who said let them in? That's the whole point of the spotter....

- -

Comment

I meant that as a seperate question...

Comment

Seems like a viable strategy to me.
            | | |

Comment

That sort of thing commonly happens because a few guys get overwhelmed at the site and fall back to wait for backup. Same thing here too.

With a spotter though, you detect them early and get your backup in place to stop them before ever getting to the site. In this map you have the small hallway where a few of them sit and it's easy to nade them to death back there as long as your grenadiers are in place.

- -

Comment

Don't try to let them plant. :) The whole objective is not to let them plant :)

P.S. Please stop hurting hostages people. Aim rock steady when they are around.

FUN FUN

Comment

Yes, well, hostages do have a tendency to find the nearest crossfire to stand in it>_>

Anyway I've only killed 3 hosties that I remember of, and they were all honest accidents.

Comment

I'm thinking this map can be pulled from rotation as it's typically a little to deathmatch with the spawnpoints being so close.

Maybe we could do some adjusting of spawnpoints on the map though to make it more TG friendly.

- -

Comment

we could close up the double doors near CT spawn.. we could also have the T spawn in a different area to deter from the constant A rush.. i personally love this map... when played right, but i agree that if there is nobody planning on the T team... its RUSH A back to back till the map is over