de_forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: de_forest

I strongly disagree that this map is one sided. There have been times as a terrorist when my team just could not do well at all, even when rushing.

On the other hand, as a ct it is very easy to pick off the terrorists if you have teammates in good spots and communicating well. I remember winning 7-0 as a counter terrorist.

This is not a one sided map, people just need to play it more and get used to hiding/seeing people in the bushes and behind trees.
    "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
    "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Very true, Clef.
      "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
      Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

..Still debating this one? I like it. Woodland camouflage actually has a purpose here. It does what it's supposed to do and it's fun to sneak around. I agree though, it is hard to get across the river, yet not impossible. Anybody try smoking as far back towards the scouter as possible? Multiple smokes even? Anyhoo, keep it, or face the wrath of... Whoever gets pissed off enough to unleash wrath.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
        Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
        Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

I hate to say it but this map discriminates against us color blind people. All the Skins blend to too well. There's nothing to do but sit on top of a bombsite and wait to get shot as someone who looks like the damn bush shoots you in the face from 15 feet away...

Anywho... this map can be one sided depending on teamwork. If one sides got it and the other doesn't, it's a blowout.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xen View Post
            I hate to say it but this map discriminates against us color blind people. All the Skins blend to too well. There's nothing to do but sit on top of a bombsite and wait to get shot as someone who looks like the damn bush shoots you in the face from 15 feet away...
            I'm pretty sure everyone feels that way...

Comment

I have to agree with what Skylark said, Im a man who likes a challenge.

PS. I may be back on the server in a good 4 or 5 months.
              "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
              - Sparhawxx

Comment

Originally posted by Xen View Post
                Anywho... this map can be one sided depending on teamwork. If one sides got it and the other doesn't, it's a blowout.
                The same can be said about most of the maps we have in the server.
                "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

I love this map! It plays so smooth on my crappy laptop and I dont know why!

I can't comment on the gameplay much, but man, is it beautiful to walk around on it!

Comment

I like this map and I don`t see it being one-sided. What I do see, however, is a ton of lagging problems.

Comment

We need to revive this map some day in lockdown. Also, I have an idea that could possibly save this map from all the "rushing" debates.
                      ... Bear with me on this one... TWO MINUTE BOMB TIMER... BAM!!!
                      Okay, maybe not two minutes but certainly extended.
                      Also, If we could get a map editor from the server on this map we can do what I said a while back and move the CT spawns closer towards the A side of that starting tunnel, to prevent them from seeing anybody passing to A right off the bat.
                      - Sparhawxx

Comment

I do not think there is a problem with this map other than what you've already said.. the bomb timer needs to be extended to give ct's a chance. I love the map personally, the more foliage the better...

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

the only thing this map needs is an extended bomb timer. nothing more nothing less. Forest is my second favorite map (behind penstock ofcourse :P). This map requires tactics, tactics, tactics, TACTICS! I dont like calling rushes on this map as a T because i never know where those CT's will be. I always seem to get shot in the back. I have passed CT's by 2 inches and never known it. Those scoped weapons really bail players on on this map. I think we need to play it more often, but you fools gotta stay when its coming up!!!! >,<
                          :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
                          |
                          |
                          .\__\
                          ...../

Comment

I'll stay! I strongly second that!
                            - Sparhawxx

Comment