de_witness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_witness

i think this map is an awsome map. i played it for the first time last night

The terrorists spawn outside of the main building, they have a set of stairs right next to them which leads to a vent pathway, or you can go up the street to the parking garage, or down the street over a ledge to a path that gets to both sites.

There are many ways for the Terrorists to get to both bomb sites. one bomb site is at the bottom of a parking garage. The fastest way there is to take a left out to the street and run a block and you are inside the parking garage. If you hang a right at the fork, you are 100 feet from the bomb site, if you take a left, you are seconds away from the loudest freaking elevator in the world. [[[This elevator room has a window which the CT can see out the street that is right outside the parking garage, and a well placed CT with patience (waiting to shoot even tho he sees many T) can delay-mow down a good portion of the Ts.]]] Which takes you to A, which is at the 3rd floor of this building. There is a vent path that can take you to A that meets up right next to this elevator. Aside from those paths, the terrorists can jump over a ledge to a path that enters the second story, and if you take one of 2 (i think) sets of stairs either up or down, you will end up in either bomb site (up to a, down to b). This map was very well designed and says PCS all over it:icon31::icon31::icon31:
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Re: cs_witness

If its bombsites wouldnt it be de_witness?

Comment

What do people think of splitting up the number of spawn points for the CT side so that there are 16 at Bombsite A and 16 at Bombsite B? Right now there's only 5 or so at Bombsite A and 28 in Bombsite B. We could also run a new nav file to get rid of the double bombspots on the radar.

Comment

I like your idea :)

FUN FUN

Comment

Just a heads up on this one, the middle gates to the underground tunnels work on the same random opening system as the doors on Havana. Some rounds the gates will be open and some rounds they won't be. When playing off-line you can hear the gates opening inside CT spawn at the beginning of the round. They make the same sound as the elevator moving up and down the shaft.

Comment

Just want to point out the monitor system in the map, there are moniters that shows feed from two cameras, one that watched the T spawn as well as the garage entrance, and one at the end of the tunnel that is only sometimes open. The first monitor is located on a side room next to bombsite A, the second is near bombsite B / CT Spawn, if you start there, head up the steps that lead to the room that goes out to the alley in the back, then instead of taking the right into the alley, go straight up those steps and then there is the second monitor. The second monitor room is a cramped space, with a breakable window that almost takes up the whole side wall. The window looks down at the exit to the tunnel. The bad thing about this room for somebody inside, if a nade comes gliding through that window, it will be hard to escape the blast unless you are aware that it will be thrown (you may see them reving upthe throw in the moniotr). I would suggest not trying to shoot people out of the window because that makes it known that you are in there and at that point they will start throwing nades in there. Even better suggestion: dont go there at all if the gates to the tunnels are open, because the First monitors are alot more isolated from action zones, go up there. both monitors show the same thing but the first is alot safer so it would be wise to use that one. In the scenario that you spawn at B, and the gates are open, to get to the first monitors, there are a few ways.
            1. Go up through the garage and take a right at the middle where you can see the exit. go straight and take a left to the room with the elevator. go in the elevator and press the red button panel to make it close and go upstairs (The yellow button panel makes it go downstairs). It brings you to a room with a breakable window that looks out into the street that T's go down from T spawn to get to the garage. Like the second monitor, that window as well is prone to be spammed by nades so I would not try to shoot anybody out of it. Anyway back to getting to the monitor, after exiting the elevator, you turn left in the bombsite A room, and go to to the left to the two exits. the left one leads to the monitor room. Or if you want, go through the right door and on the left of that room is another door that leads into the monitor room.
            2. from Bombsite B, you go towards the tunnel entrance but dont go to the tunnels, over in the corner wall there is a flight of stairs, go all the way up them. then take a right, left, right, left and then you go through that door to the monitor room.
            3. Go to the alleyway out back, then go up the stairs to the second floor. The window does not have to be shot to break, because you have a perfectly good body to bust it open with, so just jump right through there. then head stright through the doors that lead to A and then yougo to the monitor room.
            The monitors are very useful because the camera that watches T spawn, can see every direction a T can take from T spawn. If they go down that main street that leads to the garage. if they go through that door to the side, that leads them upstairs towards A. If they take that back street that you can only see the entrance of, that takes them back to the Tunnels, or the alley. It is very good to keep somebody on those monitors even in 2v2's.

T's! We're watching you so you'd better behave!
            "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
            - Sparhawxx

Comment

Re: de_witness

This map is another foot race to bombsites if it hasnt been edited.

FUN FUN

Comment

Re: de_witness

The TG version is posted in the development forum if people want to switch over.

Comment

Originally posted by Assault9 View Post
                  What do people think of splitting up the number of spawn points for the CT side so that there are 16 at Bombsite A and 16 at Bombsite B? Right now there's only 5 or so at Bombsite A and 28 in Bombsite B. We could also run a new nav file to get rid of the double bombspots on the radar.
                  or 6 at each site so there is a guarantee that someone spawns in each bombsite... that reason alone would prevent people from rushing the vents, also.. the window by the elevator that looks over the streets... make it go away, it isnt tactical in any way, UNLESS there was a ladder that went to it, because its just a nade magnet and a way for CT to pick T off 5 sec after spawn. also... going through the vents as CT (cough.. gogeta and ednos) is not cool!

also.. which development forum?