cs_arctic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs_arctic

This cs variation of arctic has lots of new stuff and it's up for grabs to test out on the server.

You can download it here

It will be available on the server to test as well. It's pretty close to finished with only some minor changes yet technically but gameplay wise get a feel for it and leave feedback here.

- -

re: cs_arctic

Should this not be in the Map discussion forums ?
    Dizlor

Comment

Yeah I will move it after a while so it gets some exposure.

- -

Comment

And I was promised an exclusive, shame on you! Hahaha checking it out now.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
        Winston Churchill

Comment

After finding a few problems with the nav, i've uploaded a proper one that should work much better. Even taking hostages up the lift works. There is one slight issue but it's not a big deal, while the lift is in transition, you'll loose the hostage but you just gotta tag him once the lift stops and he'll follow properly.

There is a lockable door as well that is something new and you can even shoot the lock out. It's a defensive measure for T's so have fun putting that to good use.

The secure armory doors need to also be unlocked from a keypad in the lab. This is a very direct route to the armory and provides a great advantage if used properly so the T's need to think about that as well. The door still opens via teh keypad near it though.

- -

Comment

Oh Vulcan I love this, have been playing for a while testing it. Nearly died laughing when I found the first hostage. He was downstairs in what appeared to be a wash room of sorts (I expected him to be wearing a pinny and leaning over the tunmble dryer). Some lighting in the kitchen could use a look in. Also I had some issues with the giant elevator. I was a CT and taking it up from the bottom would lead to no where, the big door up top would not open from inside (am I missing somin ?).

Great vent system also.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
            Winston Churchill

Comment

Yes I posted how you get it unlocked.

- -

Comment

I was fooling around on the server a bit and testing the map, and I got a hostage stuck under the big elevator. I didn't even notice and when I came back that way looking for him he got crushed. Not a big deal, you just have to be careful not get anyone stuck under there. Great map, btw.

Comment

Yeah once you get rid of the T spawn point that is in the lab room, with no buyzone and sprint to reach the rest of your team mates lol.

Winston Churchill

Comment

Need feedback on this map please!

- -

Comment

Let's run it again this afternoon....

I liked the map when we played it last week.
                      "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

As I mentioned to you ingame that vent past locked door on T side, When you can close it and shoot through that and the little window it seems just a tad unfair. My reccomendation would be make it a solid vent so you cant shoot through/see through it and maybe throw a light in that vent if you decide not to change the actual vent door. So its a tad bit easier for the CTs to see a T camping in there.

Whether or not im communicating my idea well i dont know but thats the one thing I dont like about that part from T side anyways never expieranced it from CT side.

Also maybe throw in a few more light switches or give the CT's the ability to cut the power and make it pretty much a blackout. Not many maps that we play require night vision and id like to see that in a few more maps.

thats all the feed back i have right now ill see if I can think of a few more things after i play it some more.

Comment

Hmmm with the vent in question, i'd say could we make it easyier for the ct's to get into so place it behind the boxes near to where it is now, this would be slightly further away from the door and would give cover when climbing in. As it is I find the map very easy to shut down to three entrances, this would make three and a half.

Winston Churchill

Comment

Make it nightvision worthy! Hoorah!

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

It's OK. My biggest gripe is that there are a lot of ways in, but not many ways to get hostages out. It'd be nice if every entrance also allowed hostages to follow you.

It'd also be nice if the rooms were enlarged a little. Its so crowded that if there's ever more than 2 people together it feels like they're going to be bumping in to each other.

I'm not crazy about the hostages being separate either, although I understand the idea behind that, especially on our server. If it were easier to pull them out I don't think it'd be such a problem.
                              ORGANBiTER | $_COOKIE['monster'] | UBiQ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X