de_quincy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_quincy

What are people's thoughts on this map so far?

Re: de_quincy

I kinda like it but like discussed in our other thread I think all you have to do is lock the doors that allow the T's to rush B from the start. There is plenty of other routes to take and get back to that point.

I just thought though the only problem if you lock doors ct will hold that hall from a forward position that will almost make it a long hall battle anywhere T's go till they get to the sites or take the lower halls to back of B. Still not bad but a little harder for T I think.

Oh maybe put more time on the bomb timers. Yes its a big map.

FUN FUN

Comment

Wait, you can lock the doors? How do you do that?

Comment

You can alter the door properties using a program called Entspy, which doesn't require a complete recompile of the map.

Comment

Originally posted by Cail of the Haruchai View Post
          Wait, you can lock the doors? How do you do that?
          you can't lock the doors right now. It was being suggested for some doors.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
            you can't lock the doors right now. It was being suggested for some doors.
            Ooooh, ok

<----village idiot

Comment

Im a fan of the map though one thing that I'd like to see change is in the hallways the little cubbys that would technically lead to the classrooms need to be a little deeper in my opinion it could make advances down the hallways more tactical and more interesting if you leap frogged through the hall ways to those cubbies.

Also since many of the firefights in Quincy are long ranged id like to see fewer long ranged weapons. I honestly think the map would be alot more intresting if the scout/aug/kreig were taken out and maybe the other rifles. Honestly nobody will take a sniper rifle into a building unless its huge and I just dont see people assaulting a school with scoped weapons.

Granted id like to see the weapon restrictions tested on many maps. Just my $0.02 spend it if you wish.

Comment

I think the cubby's are just enough. But I like the limits of weapons.

FUN FUN

Comment

This map is OK. Could use some work I think. Maybe a third bombsite? Seems like a lot of the map goes unused.

I definately think a longer timer needs to be put in place. By the time you run from one site to a next, you've got maybe 10 seconds to kill/defuse.

Limiting the guns, I don't know. I thought that the scout was a little ridiculous personally, but I think taking the Kreig and friends out is a little too much.
                  ORGANBiTER | $_COOKIE['monster'] | UBiQ

Comment

I'm done with this map. Gets old quick.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                    "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                    - Wulfyn

Comment

yep I'm not a fan of the map at all. It's really boiling down to deathmatch, the options are limited to long hall sniping for the most part.

- -

Comment

The problem with maps that get old somewhat come to how we approach the game.

Add in a bunch of crates just for fun? Sure , it isn't realistic for the map scenario (crates in a school hall?) but it would help give the map longevity. I don't mind playing it. I mean, we have a LOT of maps, if we didn't keep voting and changing the rotation - we might not see it as often.

Which brings me to a little point: I know some people just don't like certain maps. But I prefer we actually go through the map rotation. We then hit lots of maps, etc... There are lots of maps that I like that others don't and I don't get to play because people whine. How about instead of whining, we just play the map and have fun. try new approaches and tactics that may not be the most reliable but may be more fun. I don't know. That is just me ranting a bit, I suppose.... If it won't work for ya, just ignore it everyone.
                        "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                        Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                        " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Every map is a good map if you always win on one side always join the harder side. Make it a challenge.

FUN FUN

Comment

Originally posted by Skylark View Post
                            Which brings me to a little point: I know some people just don't like certain maps. But I prefer we actually go through the map rotation. We then hit lots of maps, etc... There are lots of maps that I like that others don't and I don't get to play because people whine. How about instead of whining, we just play the map and have fun. try new approaches and tactics that may not be the most reliable but may be more fun. I don't know. That is just me ranting a bit, I suppose.... If it won't work for ya, just ignore it everyone.
                            I'm going to agree with the man here. We have a ton of maps but most never get played we are constantly on the same 20 or so. Granted some are not the most popular or the most fun but it keeps the server hopping.

Also adding gun restrictions randomly to maps could make them play differntly. No rifles/para on convoy...nudge...nudge......don't hurt me.

Comment

I kind of like the idea of some occasional weapon restrictions.
                              a) It might force people to gain some skill in a weapon they haven't used much. I know after I got a new mp5 model, I bought it a lot cause it looked cool. Now I'm pretty decent with it. Although the P90 is still my favorite.
                              b) It might get people to leave the server. What? I can't use an m4? heck with this... I'm gone. This would be why I wouldn't do it too much at first. I'd experiment and see how it goes. We don't want to chase off people.

But going back, I guess the main reason voting bugs me is that it seems to happen a lot when I'm looking forward to the next map. Maybe I'm just a weirdo (given!) and seem to like a lot of the maps that others don't like as much?

That all said: TG is the place for me. We play in a COMMUNITY. We work together. We discuss ideas and we focus on mature play, not immature run and gun without a goal. So no matter what maps is up, what guns we use... you know I'll be here. Crying for my mommy every time I get headshot. :-D
                              "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                              Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...