Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De_Monte

What do you guys think about this one?

I personally don't like it because it is too small and I don't think it gives much room for strategic plays.
    "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
    - Sparhawxx

Re: De_Monte

I have to agree. I have only been on CT so far but all the T's did was rush every round and get a plant. This isn't our style of play.

Comment

It is a decent map for when there are only a few players on the server. So maybe keep it available for that use. I know that certain maps are so huge that having 4 people on the server makes those maps crazy. So having something like this would be helpful for that number. Of course, the odds of 1 of those 4 being an admin who can change to this smaller map is small also.

Also: I'm not really a big fan of the rush. I can understand it can work. But if I do rush, I prefer to sneak up as close as possible and THEN rush once contact is made or a certain point is reached. That way, there is less time to hear the thunderous steps of the entire charging Terrorist suicide squad of doom!
      "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
      Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

One of my least favorites
        Calls for 1 strategy
        Rush the bombsite
        Not the most creative of plans

Comment

Actually, as a T - we rushed very seldom because it always seemed to get us torn up.

4 main routes Ts can take.

I don't remember what site is which, so I will call them left and right bomb site.

a)
          Go to the far left.
          At this point one can go up on the balcony or on ground. From balcony, you can jump to a ledge and move up a bit. but CTs placed in the site (esp at point 1) can see down this hallway hitting all areas. There is also a woodpile one can run up behind, but a nade can ruin your day.

This is a slug it out / snipe it out / who shoots better path.

b) to left, turn right, down stairs into the drainage/waterway area. CT snipers in windows at point 2 can hit you. From here you can go up the stairs to the bridge. CT at point 3 guarding that path. OR you can continue forward along the drainage area, turn the corner and go up into the site.

c) Go to the right, take the first left and aim down the long path across the bridge. You can support people taking path b by distracting CT at point 3. Additionally, if you can cross bridge by smoke speed or luck, you can join those on route a) when attacking left site. You can also step out onto bridge, shot at snipers in windows at 2 and jump down to attack right bomb site.

d) Go far right, turn corner. CTs can be at 4 either up above or on ground. If you manage to fight up to point 4, CTs are often on the ground below point 2, at the stairs area at point 5.

I don't find this a rush map at all. I find that if you rush, you often die.

I like it. I have always found it a bit challenging for the T side. I honestly can't remember a single time we rushed. Wait.. I remember twice. We rushed right and all died. We rushed left and all died after planting the bomb. But hey, my memory isn't the best

Personal opinion: if the only tactic you can come up with is rush, then you aren't thinking about it very hard.
          Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
          " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Nice write up Skylark, I have mixed feelings about it. It's definately CT heavy IMO. They can stay at Point 2 and respond very quickly to either site the bombs planted. Site A, which is the right one, is usually considered a death trap. Although with proper nade use and distraction at B, left site, it locks the CT's at B until the plant is made. Once plant is made, T's can go drainage to re inforce A site's defenders. B is the Rusher's side cause they can get in and plant quickly and there are few ways for CT's to enter the site.
            sigpic

Comment

I like it. Yes, it can be a bit CT sided. But that gives it a challenge. I prefer to be a T for that reason. There are lots of maps that are a bit (or more) one sided. Instead of complaining about that one sidedness, take the challenge and WIN!
              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...