Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_corse review

Pretty map. Lots of greenery.

Lots of rooftop areas, cover and design.

Maps is small. Not tiny, but small. about 8 second run from one site to the other on direct path. Faster with knife/lower equipment load, I guess. Small maps aren't bad always. And this one seems to have a lot of cover. It isn't all CQC. There are definately ways to use a scout or other long gun. We may have to play it to see if it has enough cover, or if it is too easy to see which way the Ts are going.

A site is a small church/chapel.
    3 entrances
    1) Main doors. Simple.
    2) In back of the church are stairs that go down to a small basement with a confessional. CTs can sit in confessional to cover that entrance. From that basement, a set of stairs that turn go up and come in next to the main doors.
    3) Roof tops to a window that is broken out. You can drop to a scaffold that lets you go in through window.
    Enter from main doors, a stairwell from back that does down and then up.

B is some room... don't know what to call it. It has a tiled mosaic floor and some slendar pillars/colums. MUCH harder to defend. More ways in/out and lots of openings. Anyone staying inside is basically in a shooting gallery.
    Several open windows/gates that allow shotting in/out.
    1) Door
    2) Side door
    3) Rooftop access allows you to also enter into a tower with stairwell down.
    4) You can enter from roof again. An opening where the roof overhangs the wall.

Criticisms
    Navigation has the bomb sites backwards. A is B, B is A.
    fixable

Like any area with lots of rooftop areas, there are several that LOOK like you should be able to get on, but can not. So you jump, hit that invisible wall and fall. In several of these places, the invisible wall doesn't need to be there. It isn't keeping you from 'leaving' the map. It just keeps you from jumping on certain roofs. I've never liked that. It just seems like bad map design. If you don't want someone there, make it too tall to jump or something. Don't make it 'fenced' off by a force field or whatever. It is a minor thing, one that will be eventually learned. but complaints will occur as they are learned.

The smallness may be an issue. Especially if the CTs can get on the roofs quickly and move forward too far.

Summary. I like it. It is attractive, seems decently thought out and has lots of avenues of attack/defense. I seriously suggest we give it a shot. The only real issue I foresee is a size issue. May be too small. But we need some smaller maps.
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Re: de_course review

did you mean de_corse?

- -

Comment

Re: de_course review

yeah.... typo
      "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
      Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Re: de_corse review

I havnt played it on the TG server, but its a pretty map. I agree with the rooftop thing, though
        Also, you can go through one of the non-broken windows in the church. Without breaking it...lol

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X