de_cloak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_cloak

This map was mentioned on another thread and I thought it would be helpful to have a thread just about it.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/56618

First mentioned here in the server map discussion.

From that link:
    Originally posted by Plude220 View Post
    I tested out De_cloak and it would be perfect for the server the sites are spead out nicely its a pretty big map and can be confusing but like most maps after a few rounds i started to get it. It has many layers to it its mostly sewers but it also has other above ground areas.

We need this map in asap!
    My thought on that: If there are three sites and the map is pretty big, that makes it very hard for just 7 CTs to defend. Would this require a longer bomb timer?
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Re: de_cloak

This one could be iffy though. I can't recall if it's the C or B site that is practically right outside of T spawn allowing for a quick rush.

Comment

good looking, clean radar with map image
      map looks nice, clean and well done. Lots of paths/routes between sites and spawns.
      3 bomb sites
      problem: map is small. 10 second run for Ts to get to one site. That MIGHT be a deal breaker. We might have to play test it to see. With just 7 on each side, it might be OK.
      Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

I had a run around on this map and because it's so dark, rushing could be a real problem for T's once we all learn the map. One ct could take out the T's easily if you are rushing through it.

Good dark map, I think it is worthy of a server upload.

- -

Comment

We played just four or five rounds and it was awful for CT's. None of us could reach all the sites before the T's could plant in one of them. There were also a few times when we were hit by nades as soon as we left a spawn area due to the T's being close by. Trying to ID friends or foes in the sewer is a nightmare without nightvision.

Comment

Scrap it.

I played this map and it is awful, at least IMO.

Two sites (A and C) are practically right outside of T spawn and the CT's meet in those sites about just when the Ts do, making it a rush fest for both teams. The Sites are very cramped except for B, and I second what assault said with the sewers. Also, routes between bombsites are slim, making it very easy for the Ts once they get the bomb planted.

Not TG material.
            "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
            - Sparhawxx

Comment

Yeah - I kind of like it in general. I just wish it was bigger, or the CTs had spawn locations in each site.. something
              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...