Too Many Versions Of cs_office

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Many Versions Of cs_office

Currently we have 4 different versions of Office on the server! I realize it's a popular map, and I too enjoy it, but do we really need 4 different versions? There is 2 versions on the rotation plus 2 on the vote list which means that we have 2X the chance of playing it on the rotation and 2X the chance of it showing up in a vote. This means that office is approximately 4X more likely to be the nextmap then any other (If we assume that office has an equal chance of being voted for then other maps and that votes occur often enough). I suggest we keep the extended version + regular office and ditch the rest.

Re: Too Many Versions Of cs_office

My opinion is that cs_office_unlimited is better than the extended version we have, and that should be added in. We should also keep cs_office07 which added some differences over the original, however all the others in my opinion can be scrapted.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    Winston Churchill

Comment

dont forget CS_office rakes in noob players....

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Comment

Originally posted by RudeBoy View Post
        dont forget CS_office rakes in noob players....
        We all were a noob at one point. I'm fine with noobs on the server. Usually, they quickly learn the rules or leave. But yeah, 4 versions is a bit much.

Comment

I'd ditch cs_office2008 too. There's nothing new about it other than being re-textured. Now if they would make an unlimited version of 2008, then that might be interesting.

Comment

I like having them. Maybe not in rotation, but I like having them.

I like the retexturing because it makes it FEEL different. That lets me feel like it a new map.

The tactical version i like other than the ability to grab the hostage through the glass. That irritates me, but I accept it.

Other versions are OK. Don't remember that much more about them. They aren't memorable enough to me to care that much.
            "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
            Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
            " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

one thing you can say about office is its a server filler. Its one common map that most players know and will join up if they see it on a server. It gives members then a chance to show them PCS ways.

We need office but not all 15 versions of it.
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

I think cs_office_unlimited Is the best and most Tactical Office out thier and thier's no need for multiple versions of the same map go with the best one and leave the rest behind.

Let's just vote on it ;)
                |TG| Plude220

Comment

I'm of the mind to have the DOD retexture of the original, and then Unlimited for an alternate choice. The slight hallway widening of the DOD helps T's move quickly to the choke points without getting hung up in the elbow.
                  sigpic

Comment

There are only 2 versions in rotation.

- -

Comment

best one is the extended. unlimted_oc i think its called?

Comment

Ok now we have another office on the server under the name of cs_classified. I say off with its head, bring back office07 and out with the rest.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                        Winston Churchill

Comment

I like classified. The others should be scrapped except for 07.
                          "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                          "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

I'm not scrapping any of them :P 07 isn't even on the rotation anymore!

I switch them in and out of rotation to vary the office experience up.

- -

Comment

i love all of the offices!!! very similar but the little changes make then awesome in their own way :D
                              :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
                              |
                              |
                              .\__\
                              ...../

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement