de_roadhouse_dMw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_roadhouse_dMw

Complete rebuild of the old classic de_roadhouse. Some of you old timers might remember it. :row__593: Try it out if you fancy.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/62328
    -=[dMw]=-Sadako

www.deadmen.co.uk
    Dead Men Walking - Tactical Counter-Strike

Re: de_roadhouse_dMw

Thanks sadako!

- -

Comment

someones comment on that map:
      "Cons: The layout. That sucks very hard. First of all, people get bored already in the first round, because they have to run a minute to reach the village. And there, the CT-s already wait for them, camped in. Its no fun this way.
      Improvements: You have to reduce the T-s entry routes, to alter the choke points locations."

sounds perfect for TG

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Comment

That must have been one of those fpsbanana boys commenting rudeboy.

Read that as: "make it easier for me to headshot everyone!"

- -

Comment

Quote from vulcan: Read that as: "make it easier for me to headshot everyone!"

same....i think i would revert back to a post/comment by Sloppy Joe...and i quote:

"I'm kinda getting sick of maps getting slammed that offer more than a few paths to take and require teamwork to win. parkhouse is no longer in rotation mostly because T's would whine about how there is no cover. Almost every time I was on T on that map we'd win because I'd encourage them to spread out, cover what they could, call out targets, triangulate on targets, and work together. "

is this not what TG is about???

secondly...i saw this map and wanted to look at it but have not had the time...a good review will be comming from me...i liked the previous map ( de_astute_dMw) made by the author so this one i have high hopes for stay tuned for my review

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

added this to rotation.

- -

Comment

Not bad. The only consideration I would ponder is not allowing CTs pushing beyond the bathrooms and over the wall.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
              "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
              - Wulfyn

Comment

Originally posted by SloppyJoe View Post
                Not bad. The only consideration I would ponder is not allowing CTs pushing beyond the bathrooms and over the wall.
                That is how we restrict it on our server. The CTs aren't allowed past the toilet block and enter the tunnel. That is actually how it was played way way back when TG was N42.

So how do you find the map? Is it working? Problems with framerates? Bugs?

Thanks in advance.
                -=[dMw]=-Sadako

www.deadmen.co.uk
                Dead Men Walking - Tactical Counter-Strike

Comment

I'm sorry, I don't like the map at all. In effect, the map has three choices in entry routes: bathrooms, sewers, and A tunnel. A tunnels is often a death trap. If you smoke it up and get out, you're usually faced with a sniper and others holed up, and pretty much screwed. Bathrooms, well, a decent team will hit you when you start peeking out. The door is a good choice. Sewers is another decent choice, once you go in, if the CTs have anyone near the entrance, the whole team will know, and it will end badly.

But those are not why I dislike the map. Its the distance. Once you go one way, it'll take almost a minute to get to the other way. In comparison, a CT can do it in five seconds. Many strategies are null on this map, simply because you can't switch from one entryway to the other fast enough. Second, if you want to get the bomb down, you have to rush or end up in a 1v1 situation. The CTs can switch from the bombsite to the other so fast, that if you go slow they'll be backing their friends up before you can even get to the bombsite. This map offers too few tactical choices for the Ts. The middle house controls the map, but once the Ts get into it, they've crushed whatever defense the area had.

Comment

Hey Potshot my first time through this map I found it the same as you however I played it again as the T's and have changed my opinion. The right hand tunnel I find a cake walk with a sniper. That burning wreckage gives you a great spot to snipe from because you can climb on the side and you are covered in smoke but can snipe those who are not.

The left hand side is a bit trickier but if you boost people onto the roof on the bathrooms you can get a good spot to flsh for you rteam to move through the side doors.

The sewers I wouldn't recomend using for assault but for switching between sites on the dash. If you can take the bathroom block and push into the upper rooms you have a lot of choices.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                    Winston Churchill

Comment

It's definitely a bit CT sided, but that's not the point of my complaint. For every move, there's a counter. But it's my understanding that here at TG, we look for maps that can be won by tactics and cunning, not by good aim. I just don't see that on this map. It's not flexible enough. That's just my view on it.

Comment

I've played it twice, both times as a terrorist.
                        Both times we lost pretty heavily - 7 to 4 was the closest I think.

Assuming you are going the WHOLE team in ONE direction:
                        1)Sewer - you have to move VERY fast when you do this. Mainly because it is very hard to get down into the sewer without making a lot of noise. So either go fast or yes, they will deploy. We had success going down, turning left and running to the back of the rocks in the A(?) site. First person in line STOPS to look up at that first ladder to drop any CT looking down at you. CTs - you hear them coming - flash/nade the heck out of it, move someone behind the rocks to cover it.
                        2) Door by bathrooms. This has some chance of success. You can bounce flashes over there, run in. Check to left of door by box. Check the right hallway. Check the bathrooms. Watch the balcony. The problem with this door is the large number of places a CT can be guarding it. I would recommend a full rush through the hallway to A. You can sneak up quietly to the door, then do a flash rush to A. Gives you a chance to overwealm.
                        3) Restrooms. This can be a pain because they can hear you coming in. You have to shoot out the window grates. This is why I always think one person should go shoot those grates out. EVERY TIME. Even if you going to the tunnel. That way they never know for sure which way you are going. If you haven't done it for a while, then it happens - pretty big clue. I suppose the alternative is to not do it all the time, then do it once just to get some attention.
                        4) Boxes/wall of RR. You can step up on those boxes and attempt to snipe someone. the problem again is that you have a small area to pop up and the CTs know it. While they have multiple places they can watch from.
                        5) Long tunnel. He who shoots best, shoots last. This can work, but you have to move only a couple up without using smoke, it is difficult to move the whole team up without being seen. Once the majority of the team is seen, then a whole lot of CTs are coming. MOve a few up, hopefully win the snipe war, then the rest swarm in.. either through tunnel or through the back when the T tunnel snipers see CTs moving in (weakening the back defenses). Cts - you better shoot better - you have some advantage in that you have more options to hide IMO.

I do see a problem with this map in that it is either a FAR away long tunnel approach
                        OR 3 different routes all by the RR.
                        As a CT, I would put 2 people watching the long tunnel with long guns.
                        I would then put the other 5 at the back. Here you can listen for water, RR windows. You can watch the boxes and the box jump over point. You area also (as potshot said) able to quickly run to other areas.

I'll try to come up with more infor and strategies. i'm getting on server now.
                        "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                        Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                        " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...