de_bugsoft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_bugsoft

A great map that fits TG's way of playing well its mini map work's it has a underground tunnelway that leads to B you can get on the roof to cover B it has everything we love in a map.

2 problem's A is close to T spawn and thier are 2 intrances that Ts can rush in this would ruin the map for us it would be a A rush every round but I have a easy solution in the pictures below we can get rid of or lock one of the doors to A and close the garage door to A this will prevent ts from being able to just rush in a at round start thier are still many other ways into A this will make for more tactics.

Please give it a test and see what you think.

[media]http://www.fotothing.com/photos/912/9123e6ea42b152cda085def1b84ec6f4_6fb.jpg[/media]

[media]http://www.fotothing.com/photos/b78/b78a73d3cf771dd85705d9d1b9ec73cc_295.jpg[/media]

[media]http://www.fotothing.com/photos/83f/83fb198f03d1d1483fb54d2003010ba0_6cc.jpg[/media]

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/66581
    |TG| Plude220

Re: de_bugsoft

Hi there :)
    Youve emailed me and here I am now.

I know the problem very well and I already thought of shutting the great garage door and the smaller one. Perhaps I could set the T spawn more to the right between the blue containers. What do you think?
    On the other hand its really fun. Ts can rush in A if they want some action ;)
    bug-soft.net

Comment

I haven't downloaded the map but would it be possible to place the T spawn in that area with the red tank. Seen in the first picture of the birds eye view. If the T spawn was bottom right of the map it would then mean the entrances could stay open because it would take longer to reach there.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
      Winston Churchill

Comment

Yeah, but then the Ts would be too close to B I think.
        I will try Plude220s idea and will test the gameplay.
        bug-soft.net

Comment

Thank's for the fast reply look forward to playing this map after you tweak it.
          |TG| Plude220

Comment

I don't see being close to B as a problem due to having to cross that open street your rush will be seen a mile off and you team can be there to guard for it. However let us see how Plude's idea works.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
            Winston Churchill

Comment

Hi :)

Ive nearly closed the great door so that you are still able to throw grenades under it.
              The front door at the terrorists spawn moved further to the right side of the building.
              I dont know if these changes prevent terrorists from rushing to bomb spot A.
              We will see...

Do you have any other suggestions how to improve the map?
              bug-soft.net

Comment

The map layout is good it just lacks detail more detailed objects in the buildings outside looks good but the inside of the buildings to the left is kinda plain maybe add HDR too.

We will try what your talking about moving the door down but if the Ts can still get to A before CTs it wont work.
                |TG| Plude220

Comment

I will release the new map very soon. Perhaps in the next week.
                  bug-soft.net

Comment

I like it. Not huge, but a great map with lots of areas.
                    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Ive changed some things and I hope to release the new version tomorrow.

Changes (1.0 to 1.1):
                      - fixed: trees stuck out of ground
                      - fixed: overlapping brushes
                      - fixed: texturing issues
                      - prevent terrorists from rushing to A: great door nearly closed
                      - prevent terrorists from rushing to A: set door at t spawn further to the right
                      - several new lights
                      - several new props
                      - increased number of spawn points from 32 to 64 (32 per side)
                      - made some brushes to detail
                      - overview
                      - improved bot mesh
                      bug-soft.net

Comment

Great cant wait to see it.
                        |TG| Plude220

Comment

woot! I wanna kill some bugs... well, at least some people on bugsoft...
                          Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                          " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Hi and sorry, I know Im late :)
                            Testing, testing and much more testing...

@Bots:
                            I hope there are no more errors and I also hope that the bot mesh is ok.
                            Bots take more alternative routes and plant the bomb more often at B now.
                            They even can jump through the roof windows!

@Rushing to A:
                            I nearly closed down the great door. Indoors I built a new wall with door.
                            It should be enough to prevent Terrors from rushing to A. CTs are faster at A and only need to focus the little door at the beginning of the round. So I think there is no more rushing possible. The shortest way to B is six seconds longer than the shortest way to A. These routes are dangerous and can easily oberved by CTs.

@Some other improvements:
                            I added a minimap (radar, overview). Of course everything is stored in the bsp file.
                            Furthermore I added a few more lights and props.
                            The maximum player count is 64 now.

I hope you enjoy the new version!
                            If you find any big problems please contact me.
                            Finally Im tired of mapping and have enough time now to develop my 3D engine :)

Oh, Iv forgotten something very importent... the link:
                            Argh... Im not allowed to post urls...
                            So you must search at your own: switch to fpsbanana and search for "de_bugsoft_final"

Have fun! :)
                            bug-soft.net

Comment

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/68809
                              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...