de_subway_z

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_subway_z

This is a great close quarters map its not big but everything is spread out nice the sites are small witch makes defending a site a challenge this map is perfect for short range weapons like smgs and shotguns long range guns would be allmost usless.

All in all its a different map that will give a different style of play a more. The pics doesnt do the map justice you really have to play the map I think it would be a great map to add to the list.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/68109
    |TG| Plude220

Re: de_subway_z

Not to complex of a map. Each site has 2 ways into it, but that won't matter much IMO.

Simple map. Not many objects to use as cover in the halls. Bomb sites are pretty small rooms.

My concern about this map is that it will be a rush for the CTs to move forward and attempt to control these points which I have labeled X and Z.

Control of these points narrows down the avenues of attack for Ts to essentially two. And while point X could be attacked from 2 directions, Z can only be attacked by one. And if a CT moved down the hall a bit from Z toward X, they could watch that route to X and give warning.

Or heck, a CT in the camera room could warn of that route.

So I think this map COULD become a rush map. Ts trying to get to X or Z first. They could take it slower, but they can make it to X juuust a second or two before the CTs.. this encourages a rush. They make it to Z juuust about a second or two slower.

I like the map, I'm just concerned about what it will become.
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Only one way to find out we should give it a try and see what people think.
      |TG| Plude220

Comment

2 choke points. That just won't work. Please take notice of where maps are located in the two forums. I move them to server maps review when they are added to the server.

However this map is already at a loss. We need more overview pictures posted with each map suggested, this will help get maps approved or denied.

- -

Comment

We played it yesterday and we rushed both sites to see. T's lost both times. We actually had to do alot of picking and covering our flank. All in all I liked the map from the T's view. Final score was 7-6 T's take it only because a defuse kit was stuck on the bommb :)

Oh another thing that was brought to my attention was this is a nade map. You really need to be using nades to move around this map.

Update:

Boy was I wrong. This map should be flushed down the toilet. Its a kill fest. When you get a team that doesn't use much tactics and all they do is rush every round it destroys this map. The T's tried to change their plan maybe 3 times at the most but basicly they kept a rush going to lose the match. And if you have to flank the rush to b almost every round its just a killhunting map as I see it. :( I thought it was good but I think I am wrong.
          Last edited by sparhawkxx; 10-22-2008, 01:07 AM.

FUN FUN

Comment

well, it didn't seem too bad at first but
            a) except twice, the Ts rushed B everytime. Both sides hit the choke point z at same time, shoot out.
            b) then the CTs at site A rush through the middle and hit them from behind.

If the ts go to A, the CTs could rush through mid to hit thembehind there.

So if the mid was non-usable by CTs, MAYBE. but eh... I don't think this map will stay.
            Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
            " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Atleast we gave it a try and found out why it wont work on the server it could be a great map with another way to A and B its just to restricted need to be bigger and it would be perfect.
              |TG| Plude220

Comment

I agree perfectly Plude. A couple more paths, a bit farther apart... it would work.
                " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...