de_wanda

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_wanda

In my mind, there are two ways to look at every map; 'How does the map feel?', and 'How does the map play?' On this map they are very different.

The look and feel of this map is breathtaking and awesome, and it's obvious there was a lot of love put into the map. On the other hand, the way the map plays out is very unideal for Tactical Gamer. The distance from the CT spawn to the bombsites is almost the same as the distance of the T spawn to the bombsites, if not the same. On top of that, although the bombsites are physically close together, there is but one practical route from one site to the next, so once the Ts have overpowered the CTs via a rush (which we're finding to be more and more popular on this map) there is almost no hope for the CTs.

Just my opinion, of course, and I welcome other views :).

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Re: de_wanda

I always felt this map was just too wierd because you spend more time gawking at all the unique stuff instead of focusing on playing.

Comment

Actually, CTs will get to the bombsites faster if they don't dally around. The map does have a few other flaws, though. A site is all in all, fine. But the B site is impossible to assault. There's 2 entrances, of which one requires the Ts to pretty much take A anyway. The other entrance is basically a huge tunnel, and can be locked down by one CT. I like the map, but A is pretty much the only viable choice for Ts.

Comment

Disclaimer: all comments are based on teams of equal skill and strength. Any statement can be proven wrong by suid sniping someone's head off from 57,438 meters away or many other acts of talent that I do not possess.

I pretty much agree. The only way to take B is if the CTs drop the ball. Two CTs watching the tunnel should mostly guarentee it's defense. (We all know that sometimes any defense can be taken out by someone's luck/skill dropping the defenders with headshots or whatever).

That being said, if the Ts are able to get down toward the tunnel, then smokes/flashes/nades in decent quantity can pull backup down there, lessening strength on A.

I think T's have a lot of routes they can take, they just need to be careful.
        Going outside to the right (CT left)? There could be a CT watching from that dark room.
        So maybe go through that building that drops you down near the tunnel entrance. Dash to tunnel, come back out on the other side near the darn room and take that guy out.

Or just have a good sniper take that man down.

Going to hit A? hit from bottom of red roof, AND high up on T side AND go over red roof down, and hit middle.

If you are going to go in through the roof area, GET THROUGH and DOWN. If all the Ts are up there and one guy blocks them trying to snipe, then the hole thing is screwed up. The Ts should go down in mass, leaving the sniper at the rear!

Actually, this is a comment for all rushes. RUSH MEANS RUSH. IT does NOT mean rush forward, then suddenly stop, crouch (blocking the team behind you), firing, die and let your team get naded. It does not mean throw a flash toward the front, blinding everyone.

Wanda is a lovely map. I agree with Aesop's statement that there needs to be one of the following:
        another way to B
        Extend the distance between A & B.
        Heck, make the 2nd bomb site be IN that barrel/tub room. Blow up the wine (or whatever it is). This would require CTs to move out a bit, make use of more of the map and change things up. Could we do that? Would that work?
        "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
        Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
        " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Assault9 View Post
          I always felt this map was just too wierd because you spend more time gawking at all the unique stuff instead of focusing on playing.
          I concur. The super-motorcycle at B bomb site? Holy crap awesome. Whenever I'm down there I just picture actually driving that thing... then i get shot.

Comment

Originally posted by aesop rock View Post
            I welcome other views :).
            Do NOT believe him! He keeps shooting me in game! Obviously upset at my different views! I mean, it couldn't be for any other reason, right? :row__642:
            Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
            " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

I'm kind of on the fence with this map. I've had some very good rounds working the tunnels to B. And some very bad rounds going up the ramps into A. The biggest thing about B is you have to force the CT's to engage you. Not the other way around. Sometimes that means making it look like a failed rush to B, then wait at the entrance for those eager beavers to come rushing over from A outside. Try it out once, it's errie on how many people actually do it. The first ones are usually the ones near the middle entrance to A, then the guy sniping near CT spawn, then finally to get intel the guy in the tunnel comes up the tunnel to see if they are still there. The biggest problem with T's is they tend to feel that the only way to win is to rush rush rush. When all it takes is some dedicated teamwork and communications to win the day on this map.
              sigpic

Comment

If the T's get the bomb down in B then its all over and you can start getting ready for the next round
                TheU -

CS:S

Comment

I make a note not to ever play this map.

Comment

Yeah this map is a server emptier. I believe it should be taken off rotation.

Comment

I wish we could move bomb site B out to what is now the entrance to B from the left. The uh.. underground barrel area. That has 3(?) ways in... and isn't directly under the other site. it would also force the CTs to guard a little differently.
                      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skylark View Post
                        I wish we could move bomb site B out to what is now the entrance to B from the left. The uh.. underground barrel area. That has 3(?) ways in... and isn't directly under the other site. it would also force the CTs to guard a little differently.
                        Or the back waterfall area just past the entrance to B. That way, what is currently the B bombsite could just be an elberate way into A.
                        sigpic

Comment

But yeah alot to this map which doesn't get used, not a great map play style none the less it empties the server and it does not bring new players in or players who haven't downloaded it yet due to the DL time, I vote remove, pretty but rubbish.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                          Winston Churchill

Comment

yeah i pulled this from rotation because it's large and doesn't offer enough distinction with the two bombsites.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X