Anyone have any tips for a sniper?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any tips for a sniper?

Hey I did this post just to see if i can get anytips that i dont already know about for being a sniper. Also what gun do you think is better The AWP or The SCOUT? and why? like to hear what everyone has to say. thanx

Re: Anyone have any tips for a sniper?

The awp is far better than the scout, both with range, damage, and accuracy. However, the scout is cheaper, quieter, and the only sniper rifle available on TG ;)

Comment

with a scout you can also run and jump and still be accurate. its quick and almost 1 shot now.

i feel scout is the best.
      WOAH! that was a spicy headshot
      .....wait THAT WASNT MY KILL!!!!
      .....WHY YOU @!$&%@$!!!
      -BadSp!ce, as said when scouting on dust2

Comment

yeah don't be one. nothing gives me more pleasure than sneaking up on one and giving him my blade.
        Warcriminal
        chillin n' killin wit authoritaaaaa!!

Comment

Sniper Offense: Scout

Sniper Defense: AWP

On TG since AWP is banned I guess Scout all the way.

Comment

Tips? let's see....

1) Don't snipe unless you know every aspect of the map like the back of your hand. It makes sniping much easier if you see a tiny blob that shouldn't be there. Taking random shots at blobs you know aren't teammates is an easy way to get a kill when the enemy thought they were hidden.

2) Don't move and snipe at the same time, give yourself at least a moment to pause and let the accuracy go up, but don't stand still for too long if you're having a sniper battle.

3) Always be aware of what you're listening to as well as what you're seeing. If you hear a knife being drawn, there's a really good chance you're fixing to die.

4) Never camp the same spots over and over, being hidden is the biggest advantage a sniper has after range. However, even in total darkness, if you camp the same spot every time, people are going to take random pot shots or toss flashes your way. The only time it's advisable to camp one spot continuously is if the position is so superior there's almost nothing the enemy can do about it.

5) Always try to buy a smoke grenade, if you're discovered and pinned down a smoke gives you a fighting chance at getting away alive.

6) Know who you're sniping. If I know whoever I'm shooting at doesn't have the sharpest ranged shooting skills, I will take extra time to line up my shot and ensure a kill.

7) Practice your no scope skills! If you're cornered and don't have time to switch to a pistol, your no scope skills are all you have to fall back on.

8) If you have a flash and are retreating, drop the flash at your feet, you take very little of the flash, and it's a good way to escape.

9) Never panic, spray + scout = nearly impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by BadSp!ce
              with a scout you can also run and jump and still be accurate.
              I laugh at people who run, jump and shoot at the same time. I also slay them if they keep doing it. Snipers stay still while they shoot. That's what CS players on our server should be doing.

Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by lucky15234
                anytips that i dont already know about for being a sniper. Also what gun do you think is better The AWP or The SCOUT? and why? like to hear what everyone has to say. thanx
                Tips you didn't know, and the answer to the AWP or scout question in 2 easy steps :

1) Buy an AUG if you're CT
                2) Buy a krieg if you're T

Root
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                  I laugh at people who run, jump and shoot at the same time. I also slay them if they keep doing it. Snipers stay still while they shoot. That's what CS players on our server should be doing.

Root

Can you strafe or not? I've seen countless people with scouts strafe 'n shoot.

Comment

Strafing is ok. It's the running around whilst bouncing like tigger that isn't acceptable (with any gun).

Root
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I also slay them if they keep doing it.
                      9/10 of your kills come from landmines, so this means nothing.

Comment

Strafing is ok. It's the running around whilst bouncing like tigger that isn't acceptable (with any gun).

Root
                        Actually some pistols are somewhat accurate while your jumping around if you aim for the chest and fire off one or two rounds.

Back to the subject though. AWP is hands down a better sniper than Scout no questions asked. In the right hands the AWP can be the downfall of an entire team. Truthfully this makes it unbearable, which is the main reason I am skeptical of CAL (besides the fact that they use Autosnipers sometimes). If you can aim, stop on a dime, and perhaps no scope (this is an extreme plus) than you are practically unkillable when you have an AWP. Again even though I can use one to the effect of winning a round for my team on a scrimage, I still dislike the gun since any shot except for the extremities will be a kill. This makes it too powerful for my taste but when it is allowed you have to use it if you want to snipe.

Personally I think the Krieg is much better than a scout except for its lack of the ability to double zoom. It is accurate as heck the first shot (almost as much as a ak-47) but sometimes does not kill with a headshot where as a scout will down them 100% of the time. My biggest gripe with the scout is the fact that when you are standing and very still that you can miss an enemy even when the crosshairs are directly on them. This can be solved by crouching but I despise being forced to do so. It is nice that you can run and snipe at the same time with the scout (although this is best done at shorter range like the long hall in Prodigy) where as the Krieg has a major decrease in accuracy.

AUG for the cts, I personally dislike as it is much weaker than Krieg or when I use it it feels that way. The first shot is accurate but it seems to take a while for it to naturally decrease the recoil after firing.

Personally just use an ak-47 or m4. Both can be used for sniping and close range very nicely. Ak-47 and m4 are incredibly accurate the first shot(s) and can easily get headshots. The only problem is they don't have scopes so with my vision this is bad for long range. I would use small crosshairs at least or get them lower to a point which is nice for some.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                        - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Pro sniper tip: Know who in the hell you're shooting at.

Scrub sniper tip: Don't buy scouts if you're going to try and rush a site or something. Always buy a krieg or AUG.

Comment

Oh, another tip:

If you have a sig and an AUG to choose from, you may debate which one. Common logic would dictate "LOL I CANT GET OTHER TEEM GUN SO I T8K DERS" but you'd be wrong.

For long range sniping, the AUG is FAR superiour. For assault, the SIG. It therefor depends on your sitaution. If you are one of few men left alive, have a scuot, and need to choose between keepign it, taking a sig or taking an aug, think about what map you're on and who's left.

Comment

Oh, another tip from a noob sniper:

Turn your crosshairs down to really tiny! Mine are almost invisible, which makes the game a bit more challenging sometimes, but when you're no scoping, it's almost like you have ingrained crosshairs in your mind! lol, this may or may not work for you, but I've managed to get no scope kills on many occassions by having a better understanding of where the crosshairs should be.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X