• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone have any tips for a sniper?

Originally posted by Muld
    Sniper Offense: Scout

Sniper Defense: AWP

On TG since AWP is banned I guess Scout all the way.

why is the AWP banned?

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

My guess:
      AWP whores.
      1) Many people consider it a newbie weapon, cause "anybody" can dominate with it (which is untrue, really... it does take skill. Can everyone be good with a scout?)
      2) If you -are- good with the AWP, you could theoretically dominate the entire server. I've stopped entire rushes by myself, with an AWP. It's simply amazing what it can do.
      3) It's not that tactical. The scout allows for quick movement, so you can communicate better with your time. The AWP would be more for kills or, as earlier stated, defense.
      4) It's basically an insta-kill. Not as much fun with that.

I like the AWP, but have grown terribly fond of the scout. As I mentioned earlier, it is SO much more satisfying.

Plus AWP is ridiculously expensive, and people would save forever for it, and die.

Comment

The AWP does not help complete the objective by both impairing your movement and destroying your close range ability entirly.

The scout allows you to move faster than anything else, thus you are a fine scout and can get out of combat if you ahve NO way to defend yourself CQB

Comment

I prefer AWP when in a nice dominant spot, covering a large area (bsA on de_dust2 as CT)... another thing is that ppl get 'scared' when they hear a sound and see some1 get killed by it. Most ppl bail out and try a different route (so it's good for scaring off/stopping a rushing enemy)...

I prefer Scout when i'm planning on covering several spots and need to be able to move around. Also when you have less cover a scout is good because you get higher rate of fire and reload so more bullets towards advancing enemies to hold them off. Also making quick 'round-the-corner' shots is quite effective with scout if you're good at strafing > shooting

These are basically my reasons to use one or the other
          Ultracrepidarianism - giving opinions outside of one's knowledge

Comment

hell yeah , your brain basicly knows where your crosshairs are anyhow , uve been staring at them long enough! A tip for no scoping training, just buy a scout , and only use it , no pistols. Unless they are med/long to long range away , use the no scope. When you shoot , be sure to stop running briefly, (you should be running and strafing constantly). And dont think to much when you aim, you will be most sucessfull if you aim and fire with 'instinct', afterall , your brain knows where that crosshair is. You will die a lot, but thats not the point of the exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by dude2785
              When you shoot , be sure to stop running briefly, (you should be running and strafing constantly). And dont think to much when you aim, you will be most sucessfull if you aim and fire with 'instinct'
              Isn't the sniper supposed to be the guy who sneaks in, finds a good hiding spot, and remains very still whilst waiting for targets. Isn't he then the guy who's supposed to shoot said target, and then remain perfectly still so as to avoid being spotted?

By what strange stirring of the force do you get the idea that the sniper should be running around?????

Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

cl_crosshairscale 1
                If you want no crosshairs with anything, use that.

I did surprisingly well with it, and I think it's something I'm gonna try to always do instead of with a crosshair.

Comment

Wow, I put my corsshairscale on 2000... I'm a terrible sniper, but here is a suggestion for anyone who wants to snipe. Go find a server on the map awp_arena, and snipe people. While the style of play isn't TG, I think of it more as a shooting range to visit when TG is full.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
                  steve: OMG
                  steve: TOO
                  root: ****ing hell
                  root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSteve
                    Wow, I put my corsshairscale on 2000... I'm a terrible sniper, but here is a suggestion for anyone who wants to snipe. Go find a server on the map awp_arena, and snipe people. While the style of play isn't TG, I think of it more as a shooting range to visit when TG is full.
                    Actually any awp map would really work. But yes, these are the best maps to learn how to be a quick and accurate.
                    |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Just hide and wait, they are always stupid people sticking their heads out when they shouldnt, I'm one of them, kill them and move away. Then hide again. Rinse and repeat.

know your corners and angles, find the ones where you can see around a corner and see them without them seeing you.

If they find you, use smoke or flashes to run away if there are more than one.

And a sniper should always be patient, not a rusher, becuase you will die pointlessly.
                      If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Currently playing under name: Bleach

Comment

One of the best places that I can think of that are like what evil is talking about is on the map Italy. Its in the house right by the window that looks down long hall. If you stand to the left of it, you can see where the CTs exit apartments and come around the corner and they cant hardly see you at all.
                        |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

i always use deagle, make sure ur stopped, if u like to quick stop and shoot, id use scout, scout is leet .. even makes you run faster :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X