Moving up ramps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving up ramps

Following up on what Ben said in the commanders thread, I thought the best way for a 2 man fireteam to move up a ramp would be to have one guy each side, covering the opposite side. Literally watching each others backs.

Can anyone (preferably with real military experience) tell us the correct method? I have absolutely no military training at all.

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: Moving up ramps

Originally posted by Root
    I have absolutely no military training at all.
    Damn, your really good for not aving any expirience at all. Must be watching to much TV ;).

Another thing that you could do would be smoke the ramp and flash it and then do what you said.

Edit: This may not work I have no expirience at all either
    |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Originally posted by SkidMark
      Must be watching to much TV ;).
      lol I have no time to watch TV, and even if I did, there's rarely anything worth watching.

Root
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

The way root mentioned is the optimal way to move up.

Unless you had no time to clear the area, in which scenario, optimally you want 3 men, the third in the center watching your backs.

Comment

Originally posted by Root
          I thought the best way for a 2 man fireteam
          Hopefully though, you should not have lost the other 5 teamates ;)

Comment

Should have? If we lost 5 guys already, I don't care how many of THEM are left, I'm getting the **** out of dodge.

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
              Should have? If we lost 5 guys already, I don't care how many of THEM are left, I'm getting the **** out of dodge.
              Read me post again ;)

Comment

I thought I replied earlier. Apparently it didn't go through. Doctrinally (is that a word) small units such as fireteams can cross danger areas (roads, trails, streams, open areas) all at once. Often it is safer to blitz than not.

The fireteam could also employ a bounding overwatch as described above. The problem is that with two folks it may not really work out that well since the supporting fire might be ineffective against the threat depending on the cover available, the distances involved, and the weapons systems.

As the unit size increases more diligence is preferred.

By the numbers:

1. Designate near and far side rally points.
                2. Secure near side.
                3. Secure far side.
                4. Cross

Securing may only involve observation. It could alos mean posting security on the flanks and in the rear to alert of changes in the enemy situation.

Crossing is down at full speed. Don't hang out in the danger area.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Six_4/64
                  Hope this helps.
                  There are maps where this could certainly help, although such maps are rare due to the extremely small size of CS maps. Not sure how what you've described would translate to moving up areas like the ramp into CT spawn on cbble though.

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Following up on what I mentioned in the commanders thread...
                    Since these maps are small, moving up ramps can be accomplished in the following manner:
                    When the entire team is moving together towards a ramp, you can move up the ramp in teams of 2. Once the first 2 man team reaches the top of the ramp, they move to the right and the second 2 man team moves to the left in order to cover eachother. The 3rd team of 2 will move up the ramp and follow the team that is closest to the objective (rescue hosties or bomb site etc...). The extra man (commander) will be leading the first team to the objective, or will fall behind in order to properly command the squad. Both teams will properly communicate as they move thru the enemy areas and shall meet at the final objective, clearing each area and setting up security as the main team accomplishes the squads objective. In a nutshell... Move up, cover eachother in teams of 2, secure each area and proceed to the objective, secure the area of the objective and Game Over!
                    Simple, fast and deadly to the opposing team...
                    |TG| Ben

All I ask for is communication

Comment

The only major problem I have with someone watching my back or covering in general is that CSS does not seem to be made for this tactic. Too many people can quickly take out the person moving up even if he is covered quite well. This is just how CSS is made unfortunantly (really if you think hard about it, all it becomes is a twitch contest as you cover someone).

What you say is true as you ARE covering both sides but if one goes down well the other is toast in this game. Even if you have someone below who is suppose to back them up, he might not be able to see him in time (this can be for several reasons: cover, reaction time, and/or just not seeing him*). I trust people when they say they'll cover me but I still expect somewhat to die. I'm not blaming them totally as they may be great marksmen and usually be great to cover your back but since this game is not always friendly to tactical ploys... it's just unfortunant to say the least.

*Note: Sometimes I can't believe how some people miss seeing the enemy... Some people don't seem to know how to see the edge of the screen O_o

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                      - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X