Point of weapon suppression??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point of weapon suppression??

I know that it makes it quieter, but what are the downsides of suppressing your weapon? I noticed that the M4 kicks back a little less, but i heard that it makes it less powerful

Re: Point of weapon suppression??

Of course it weakens it. You do not get benefits without drawbacks. For the M4, I don't think it makes -that- much of a difference... it is a rifle, after all, and an automatic.

For the USP, I'm pretty sure it makes it rather weak, but I'm not sure.

Comment

No. Thats wrong. There are no downsides whatsoever when using a suppressor vs. not using one. Unless Valve has patched it in, and they would have mentioned the change, suppressor has always, or at least for a long time, done nothing but make it quieter.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
        No. Thats wrong. There are no downsides whatsoever when using a suppressor vs. not using one. Unless Valve has patched it in, and they would have mentioned the change, suppressor has always, or at least for a long time, done nothing but make it quieter.
        Supression has always made it hurt less, Kark.
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Not in Source. In the beta, yes, but in Source there is no negative affect whatsoever.

There was a pretty big discussion on it a while back.

Comment

to be honest i use the silenced m4 when i want to fire only a few shots at a time, I can time the shorter bursts better with the silenced sound. Non silenced is for mowing people down :D
            Dizlor

Comment

.. and I believe and will always believe silenced weapons are less accurate when you are in motion.. no difference when standing still.. only when moving will u see a difference.
              Dizlor

Comment

Unfortunantly Kark I think you are wrong, but of coarse I may be wrong also. For a fact I know silencer at least helps keep the m4 a bit more perdictable when you are spraying. Without the silencer, I believe the m4 is much more accurate with the first shots (I have testes it many times and this is the result). Silencer does help lessen the recoil so the gun will stabalize much quicker with it on. Headshots with a silencer never seen to kill without hitting them twice unless they don't have a helmet. Headshots without the silencer seems to kill enemies always, but I never know wether they have helmets or not.

Actually PM me if you are trully interested in finding this out. Maybe we can go on the private server alone and test it out. Do it only if your serious, since it may take awhile (since damage is somewhat random) to prove anything.

Better yet... I have a private server that we can do this on without interruption if my other clan mates or not on. Although they my help if they are in the mood to do so.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Valve have always *claimed* that (as with a real silenced weapon), damage is less. I've seen large numbers of very well argued posts on both sides of the arguement. I always use the silencer because the muzzle flash distracts me sometimes.

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I never use the silencer except when I am 100% sure it will benefit me, IE a very long range and I cannot risk being spotted, or close range behind full cover where I will nigh be noticed.

Comment

I really wish that I could actually find that old thread :(

I think somebody actually went into the code and pulled it out, and showed that the m4 is the exact same silenced or unsilenced, minus the sound and muzzle flash.

Comment

well it actually is better to use the suppresser on the m4 if u are not going to spray bullets. the reason to use it is to keep a low profile one enemys and to keep the hit box in the head or chest area for a 2 bullet kill most of the time.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X