Giving names to strategies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving names to strategies

I thought it could be usefull to give names to specific strategies that people create. For example a particular strategy could be named "blue-bird". During a sever 2 game, the bomber (or captain) can say, "lets execute 'blue-bird'," and the team would know what the strategy to conduct. From there the bomber would only have to assign the position of each of his teammates.

Granted, this could only be practical while playing on server 2 and it would require people to check up on the tactics forum regularly for updates of new strats.
    CS:S - |TG|Cpt. Christ
    BF2 - [TG]ikose

Re: Giving names to strategies

In my honest opinion that would be better done between specific groups.

Once both teams know they are executing blue-bird, the defense only calls "BLUE BIRD!" and suddenly the plan comes crashing down.

Comment

What sort of self respecting plan is called bluebird? Withdrawn. I've lost interest in my own question ;)

It's not a bad idea. Another good idea would be for reference points on maps to have fairly universal names. It happens on office - we all talk about long hall, but if you're there and look under your radar, it says side hall. Doesn't matter what we call it as long as we all pretty much call it the same thing.

Root
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

That would be most useful in the next tourney. One question, in the tourney, do the teams have scheduled practices? Then your team could make up its own tactic and call it whatever they want.
        |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

That is what first came to my mind also Skid. It would be most useful for a group of people who play together on a regular basis as their own team.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
          steve: OMG
          steve: TOO
          root: ****ing hell
          root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

I didn't say that. I definatly did not make any mention of it, and deserve no credit.

:icon18:

Either way.. yes, this should be a tournament standard thing.

Comment

How bout names for general plans?.. like my plan(we'll call it hide-n-seek for now lol) where the bomber and one or two tms stay at or near the fork towards a or b, and waits while the rest split up evenly and determine which site is more clear, then bomber and pals rush straight there. This could be used on just about any de_ map, so having a name for a plan that can be used on any map would be kool imo .

Gogeta
              Dizlor

Comment

This is all going to sound like a sandwich shop menu, but I'll start it off:

The Mateo:

T Version: Grab a deagle, and crouch by the hostages, preferably in some obscure corner.

CT Version: Die first.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                  This is all going to sound like a sandwich shop menu, but I'll start it off:

The Mateo:

T Version: Grab a deagle, and crouch by the hostages, preferably in some obscure corner.

CT Version: Die first.
                  XD

The Priest:

T or CT: Die while teabagging a body after a miraculous kill >.>

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X