Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beirut2 CT strategies

Alot of hardship for CT's on this map.

I personally think it's best to hold up near the inner wall and clear it before going in. You can do this by having a guy sit back a little bit in a safe spot and another up closer to the wall. The up close draws the attention while the guy in the back picks them off.

That seems to be the biggest problem for CT's at first. I have to do more playing for more strategies after that.

Please discuss away on strategies!

- -

Re: Beirut2 CT strategies

Its extremely hard to be a CT on beirut especially when faced with a formidable T team trying to defend the hossies.

I was getting frustrated as a CT last night, and everytime we'd get a good strat happening it would get decimated by the T's.

A couple strategic points I can think of off hand.

1) The Tower has to be controlled, otherwise as a CT you can get sniped at an infinite number of locations all over the map. Obfuscation of the T sniper's range of sight from in the tower using smoke is a must. Either that or a good countersniper to keep them pinned down in there.

2) The right (?) entrance to the inner walled area is another severe choke point that can turn into a shooting gallery quickly. Smoke and flash if possible.

3) The inner wall gives the T's another huge advantage of shooting down upon CT's inside the inner ring. So, not only do you need coverage at gorund level but also from the ground covering above on the wall ledge.

4) I agree with Vulcan the inner ring must be fully cleared to the point where any T's left are afraid to go outside the building for fear of losing their lives. That inner ring has too many good hiding spots around it for ambushes.
    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

I was able to throw a smoke grenade on the left side of the patio over the wall standing on the stairs to the right of the middle entrance. That gave us a smoke screen to move down the middle tunnel.

Comment

There's a huge problem with this map - once you get 3v3 or larger, the T's can execute a crash of the 2 entrances. The CT's are then dealing with too many hiding spaces to cover, and they'll never see a hostage even if they win.

I'm considering removing the map from the server as a result.

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Well if the T's are guarding chokepoints instead of hostages, that's just not playing PCS. If the T's are guarding hostages the map can be alot of fun, though i agree the map turns out to be small when you only have 2 thresholds.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
            Well if the T's are guarding chokepoints instead of hostages, that's just not playing PCS.
            From the SOP forum (PCS FAQ) :

Originally posted by Apophis
            It is perfectly reasonable to move forward from the objective at the beginnging of the round to secure a chokepoint or some other area where they can get a strategic advantage.
            The defence rests.

The problem is in the map design. It's unfortunate that a single chokepoint exists on beirut that permits the T's to secure the objective.

Root
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
              From the SOP forum (PCS FAQ) :

The defence rests.

The problem is in the map design. It's unfortunate that a single chokepoint exists on beirut that permits the T's to secure the objective.

Root
              Right in this case though it results in deathmatch. However, there is a new version of beirut2 out that address this issue, by giving the CT's the middle wall access from their side. The access was there before, but was difficult and happened to be the only way.

PAF cs Maps

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                However, there is a new version of beirut2 out that address this issue, by giving the CT's the middle wall access from their side.

PAF cs Maps
                cs_beirut_65? Any chance you can remove the existing version and add the new one to the server at your convenience?

Root
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

already on it!

- -

Comment

Here are the changes:
                    Took the dust out
                    T's can longer get the wall outside looking into CT spawn.
                    Ct's have 3 ways to get onto the middle wall
                    All hostages are now in the upper part where the 2 hostages where before.

The only change i don't agree with is the hostage movement.

- -

Comment

We've actually rescued the bottom hossies before, but I think its pretty rare to get them all without killing the entire T team.
                      Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                      Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X