cs_office Strategies / Tactics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs_office Strategies / Tactics

Just wondering if anyone has tactics / placement of players for the Terrorist side in the cs_office map. If we have an 11 v 11 match is there a good setup we could use to maximize our players and counteracts any "masses" the CT side forms when they rush into the Projector Room to grab hostages?

I know of a T camping strategy where a few people line up in the "crack" facing the garage courtyard entering CTs. With a few in paper room, that should hold off rush from that side. And by side hall having a few people facing out by couches can hold there. BUT any alignments (pictures would be helpful) that we could use? I believe coordinated movement "massing" is key, do you have any hints for that as well?

And finally if you have any CT ideas to break the T camp? Maybe using smoke or flashes to distact T's as you rush in..Any pressure points your reccomend?

Thanks in advance.

Re: cs_office Strategies / Tactics

Well we don't allow for 11vs11 on our server, but more on to the topic, there are places for a VERY good defense which i'll not attempt to write in text. It's much better done with a diagram.

- -

Comment

Flashbangs all the way on office. T's can use them to great effect too when the CTs are stacking up to go in.

Comment

Vulcan wrote, "there are places for a VERY good defense which i'll not attempt to write in text. It's much better done with a diagram."

Would you be willing to take a screenshot and post on imageshack.us to assist? I agree writing out locations is difficult to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Bauer
          Vulcan wrote, "there are places for a VERY good defense which i'll not attempt to write in text. It's much better done with a diagram."
          Vulcan's just not good with words ;)

Depending on manpower, T's can deploy thus :

1 kitchen covering front hall / back stairs
          1 long hall in the corner opposite the doorway
          1 long hall in the doorway (cover from FB's)
          1 storeroom
          1 conference room covering main doorway
          1 conference room covering storage room
          1 on the chair in the corner in back hostage room

If the CT's come up the back stairs, the guy in the kitchen should let them all get to storage room, and then fall back. If the CT's aren't watching their six....

Root
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

another one is to just all camp in the projecter room and throw nades like mad :D. if you have time before they rush in, throw a nade out in the office area to knock the file cabinets down. also bump/ fire at the chairs to make a barricade to slow the CT's down when they try to rush in all at once. ive done that before and it was funny to watch them try to get by the chairs.

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
              another one is to just all camp in the projecter room and throw nades like mad :D. if you have time before they rush in, throw a nade out in the office area to knock the file cabinets down. also bump/ fire at the chairs to make a barricade to slow the CT's down when they try to rush in all at once. ive done that before and it was funny to watch them try to get by the chairs.
              Counter tactic : After the clock hits 5:30, provoke the T's into throwing their nades. The CT priority is to avoid injuries. Then blow any visible obstructions with HE.

After that, assign each player to a fireteam, and assign a fireteam to each of the 2 breach points. On command, double flash both doorways and secure the hostages.

Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Counter tactic: Send terrorist penguins out to distract the CT team, then rush out and kill them all.

Comment

thanks for the responses, we can try those out in our next match. I guess it's hard to explain a teams' process during a round. It all depends on where they come from, how many, and $$$$ left, stuff like that.

Maybe it would be helpful if I could watch some video's of teamwork on cs_office. we host a 24/7 office server. Do you guys know of any websites that could assist?

Comment

thanks for the responses, we can try those out in our next match. I guess it's hard to explain a teams' process during a round. It all depends on where they come from, how many, and $$$$ left, stuff like that.

Maybe it would be helpful if I could watch some video's of teamwork on cs_office. we host a 24/7 office server. Do you guys know of any webites that could assist?
                    Just spec some of our office games. Should have seen it the other night. Outstanding planning and execution. Outstanding communication. Of course having 3 admins on the team really didn't hurt. Still, we get that kind of standard from other players too.

Root
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I guess it's hard to explain a teams' process during a round. It all depends on where they come from, how many, and $$$$ left, stuff like that.
                      Not the way we play. Even the default glock and .45 are more than enough to adequately defend the office if you communicate and defend as a team.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                        Not the way we play. Even the default glock and .45 are more than enough to adequately defend the office if you communicate and defend as a team.
                        Indeed. The glock is a one shot kill at close range on burst fire. The USP has a silencer to balance the glocks power.

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo

That is what we are going towards. I've been preaching more communication during matches. I usually watch to see how many enemies are left, watch the time, etc and direct the rushes. I have some excellent shooters that do most of the heavy work, but a coordinated effort is key. Are you saying there are certain spots on the map where you can surprise the opponent to get the 1 shot kill?

Is there anything we should make sure to communicate? For example I make sure people shout out when they are below 25 health. A guy can kill even at 1 health.

Comment

Are you saying there are certain spots on the map where you can surprise the opponent to get the 1 shot kill?
                            Every single doorway, corner and other blind spot. It's always going to come down to who twitches faster, but if the other guy is wearing thunderboots, the odds are heavily in your favour.

Root
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I'm not big on the barracade ideas. I'm not saying they are unethical to a PCS way of thinking, just sort of cheesy and immature.

Personally you won't catch me making barracades from the filecabinets or chairs I feel its a little bit of an engine exploit because IRL a CT would just go over them but in game they are a pain in the arse to get past.
                              Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                              Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X