Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactics

It's time to talk a little tactics.

This is what I see way too much of... Two CounterTerrorists are entering through DD or into another room somehow and they run into two Terrorists, what happens? BOTH CTs turn to the closest T and start shooting him while the other Terrorist slaughters both CounterTerrorists.

That doesn't always happen, but I see it alot. Something we should all keep in mind is that if you follow a teammate and you run into two or more opponents don't gang up on one. If you are the follower, let the teammate infront of you take care of his target while you shoot the other.

Something else, WATCH YOUR RADAR. The radar is a VERY useful tool. Use it to watch your teammates back while you keep up with their movement. Use it to see where your teammate that's radioing "Need backup!" is. For those without a mic and even those with one it can be fatal to stop to report your exact location when you're under fire. Using the built in Radio communication can be much easier and if you watch your radar when a teammate is using it (there will be a blinking light) you can see the general area that they're taking fire in.

Hope that helps some of you. Just thought I'd post it on here. :)

|TG| Bruce Willis

(P.S. pretty soon the website isn't going to recognize me as a supporting member because I had to switch banks recently and I'm still waiting for my new credit card to come in... just so you know.)

Re: Tactics

Maybe this goes in the Tactics discussion area, but I do know what you are saying.
    Often times this happens down long hall on office.
    What I do, is check the hall quickly to see how many/where the enemies are, then, I ask someone to help me defeat the opposition. That tactic for office always works.

Soon, I will make a strategy guide for militia, but I never have the time to.

Edit: Was this just in the general discussion? If not sorry. I must have been confused.
    Last edited by .143 Beth©; 11-02-2005, 02:33 PM. Reason: Edit

Comment

Oops, yeah it does go into the Tactical Discussion area. I wasn't paying attention, my bad.

Comment

The problem is a lack of discipline with these types of random engagements.

If you run into a couple T's in this scenario hopefully you are moving slow enough and keeping enough cover to disengage and report in to your team.

Usually what I do is get some cover and communicate, then begin firing to hold them back if I can.

People need to learn when it necessary to engage and when its necessary to disengage.

You can't communicate if you are dead.
        Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
        Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Leapfrog (lpfrôg, -frg)
          n.
          A game in which one player kneels or bends over while the next in line leaps over him or her.

v. leap·frogged, leap·frog·ging, leap·frogs
          v. tr.
          To jump over in or as if in leapfrog.
          To advance (two military units) by engaging one with the enemy while moving the other to a position forward of the first unit.
          To avoid by or as if by a roundabout route.

v. intr.
          To move forward or progress in or as if in leapfrog.

That is the best advancing tactic in my opinion, and one I do much like to employ.

For those of you who are still clueless, take this following picture and replace "Platoon" with "Ultimate PCS Player d00d"

Comment

"A game in which one player kneels or bends over..."

Sounds like the way some of you play with eachother..

yummy

All I ask for is communication

Comment

Well here's a question in this 2 v 2 situation.

Would it be best for the 2 players to engage the two enemies separately? Or both players focus on the same target, drop him, then take out the last target?

In my eyes, dropping one enemy fast means taking out a gun that is shooting at you which is an obvious benefit. But if the other enemy has free shots at you two, is that worse?

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
              "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
              - Wulfyn

Comment

This only matter mid to long range. Short range affairs are usually 1-2 seconds long, barely enough time to communicate that you have a target.

- -

Comment

Well it could become intuitive at short range, without the need for communication, if both parties understand which way to deal with the situation is best beforehand.

"The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                  - Wulfyn

Comment

Originally posted by Sloppy Joe
                    Well it could become intuitive at short range, without the need for communication, if both parties understand which way to deal with the situation is best beforehand.
                    You mean up the ante on communication? Assign targets before they arrive? Plan stuff like you cover that door and I'll cover this door?

I'm not sure that fits in with PCS

Root
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Yeah.

But I'd like your take Root on my initial question. Focus on one target at a time or engage them all? Which is better and why?

- Wulfyn

Comment

Front man takes immediate target, 2nd man takes farther target.

All I ask for is communication

Comment

Why is that better than dropping a threat faster by doubling up on one target and having less bullets coming at you?

- Wulfyn

Comment

But I'd like your take Root on my initial question. Focus on one target at a time or engage them all? Which is better and why?
                            You're asking someone with absolutely no military experience, and no experience of handling firearms. I'd say engage individual targets. It really isn't hard to take 2 or 3 targets down in a split second in CS. Especially with an M4. If you both engage one target, the other is free long enough to kill you both. Also, I'd suggest that if by engaging individual targets, even if one from each side dies, there's a chance that your team mate will have done critical damage to the final target.

[This space intentially left blank for the future.... making fun of Root]
                            Says the guy coming from the Bay Area of California :icon_razz

Root
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                              You're asking someone with absolutely no military experience, and no experience of handling firearms.
                              I never asked who you would kill first in real life. Even though we all know about your secret stash of machine pistols, carbines, explosives, and sniper rifles, in the secret room behind your liquor cabinet. But certainly your in-game experience has led you to a decently qualified answer. Almost good enough to make my sig but I'll have to hold out for something to top the tent one.

- Wulfyn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X