Squads aka fireteams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squads aka fireteams

I wanted to get those out in the open for people to reference.

There are 2 parts to a squad, to start. The leader and the members. Some of you guys know your capable of leading a squad, some of you know your not.

When you get the chance try to utilize this tactic for a couple reasons.

1. simple communication - If your not a squad leader you should be reporting only necessary information about enemy presence and sticking with the squad leaders orders.

2. Covering all angles - this is best done in the right position and with everyone knowing where everyone else is, whether your moving or camping.

This is also a good way to get ready for a tournament. Executing strategies as a solid squad goes a very long way and you learn PCS at the same time.

- -

Re: Squads aka fireteams

By fireteams, Vulcan is not suggesting simply "ok, team A go to the left, team B to the right(or "3 go A, 4 go B" on a DE map).

Fireteams mean fireteam 1 advances, and covers fireteam 2's advance. It's called Leapfrogging, bounding overwatch, etc. The idea is that noone advances unless covered by a teammate.

Is it applicable to CS:S? Sure. In fact, it's applicable to any team based game.

Use it, learn it, love it. It will save your butt, and win you chicks! :icon_bigg

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
      Fireteams mean fireteam 1 advances, and covers fireteam 2's advance. It's called Leapfrogging, bounding overwatch, etc. The idea is that noone advances unless covered by a teammate.
      Fireteams can also use this method amongst themselves. Fireteam 1 moves directly to B on de_toxin to create a distraction, whilst fireteam 2 advances by leapfrog down the long hall.

Communication is critical. As Vulcan rightly points out, it's detrimental to the team effort if everyone is calling out identical reports from the same location. Unfortunately, we don't have fireteam and command channels available in game, so learn radio discipline.

Root
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
        Fireteams can also use this method amongst themselves. Fireteam 1 moves directly to B on de_toxin to create a distraction, whilst fireteam 2 advances by leapfrog down the long hall.

Communication is critical. As Vulcan rightly points out, it's detrimental to the team effort if everyone is calling out identical reports from the same location. Unfortunately, we don't have fireteam and command channels available in game, so learn radio discipline.

Root
        Great example of this on cs_italy the other day.

As the CTs, I believe we had three squads - one/two people to move to check the apartment roof, then head to middle. Three people to go into the apartment, and the other three at long hall. We would advance at certain times and with certain methods - at long hall, we all leapfrogged to the tree and all threw our hand grenades up the hall. We advanced, while I held rearguard to inform the rest of the team of possible house-entrance.
        At apartment, the people in the middle would be able to provide smoke/flash grenades, and then the apartment squad would be able to advance. Then the rest would advance middle and split the Ts forces in half, or force them all into the house. At least, this is ideally.

That is my idea of fireteams. I can't see advancing without leapfrog... even if people aren't exactly aware of it, I'll do it with them - let them advance, I'll cover them, then move up to them.

Hooray for PCS tactics!

Comment

Originally posted by poe
          at long hall, we all leapfrogged to the tree and all threw our hand grenades up the hall. We advanced, while I held rearguard to inform the rest of the team of possible house-entrance.
          Sounds like a game I was involved in. If we're talking about the same game Poe, then we didn't use advance by leapfrog. What we were meant to execute was to rush to the tree, stop, rotate through the fireteam throwing HE's up LH, then rush again for the hostages.

Leapfrog is something thats easier to show people in game, rather than using lots of words here.

Root
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Another aspect of fire squads should be the weaponry. You dont want to put a scout into a FS full of sub machineguns, that is going to cut the effectiveness of the squad. Inside the squad should be a full compliment of HE grenades, flashbangs, and at least 1 smoke.

Each fireteam needs a SPECIFIC function; be it rapid assualt, recon, or picking off the enemy. Do not simply assign squads and let them do their thing, that will get people killed.

As stated by both Poe and Root, use leap frogging tactics. One man advances, covers the front, while the man furthest back of the squad advances to the front, repeating indefinately. Always use this.

Comment

A good idea is to include someone with a rifle like M4 or AK with the sniper to provide close support.

That way, the sniper can back out for a second to reload while the rifleman lays down some suppressing fire. Or in the case of maps where the sniper could be very quickly overrun the rifleman can provide close support.
              Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
              Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Originally posted by GhostintheShell
                A good idea is to include someone with a rifle like M4 or AK with the sniper to provide close support.

That way, the sniper can back out for a second to reload while the rifleman lays down some suppressing fire. Or in the case of maps where the sniper could be very quickly overrun the rifleman can provide close support.
                For those of you who like to buy a SAW / GPMG, this is one of the few real uses for it in CS.
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X