Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hostages

Originally posted by Vulcan
    I'll never give those hostages up! If i'm planning i leave one guy in the garage to watch window and report and not let the CT's have any hostages. If anyone survives the frontal assault they can reinforce the garage guy to hope for a round win.

IMO if the 2 hostages in the front get rescued i get a real knot in my stomach and it just doesn't feel good.
    I never WANT to conceed hostages, but given the choice between that, and a round win.....it depends on the situation.

If we have a full squad of TGers that I trust, then we defend both sets of hostages. If I'm stuck with a bunch of pubbies against Root's Raiders, who include guys like Ben, Poe, etc....the T's are camping the garage. Period.

You work with what you have.:icon_bigg

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
      I never WANT to conceed hostages, but given the choice between that, and a round win.....it depends on the situation.

If we have a full squad of TGers that I trust, then we defend both sets of hostages. If I'm stuck with a bunch of pubbies against Root's Raiders, who include guys like Ben, Poe, etc....the T's are camping the garage. Period.

You work with what you have.:icon_bigg
      Whatever do you mean? I never camp! :row__588:

There's two takes on hostage situations.
      a. Letting any hostages get rescued is a failure of the objective
      b. Holding the objective to round victory by maintaining at least one hostage. The rest can be spared if neccesity calls.

I tend to stick to ideal b. It can cost you the round when trying to protect too much ground. cs_italy is one map that allows all the hostages to basically be protected at the same time / cs_militia_tm2 is not. It's like negotating. "You can have two hostages, sure. But I'll take your life." Fair 'nough.

On the matter of cs_militia_tm2 (since this has turned into a brief discussion of it) - if there are eight terrorists, I feel that is way too much to crap into the garage. Ideally, place maybe six inside, one strategically in the back yard, and one upstairs or downstairs in the house. This way you can have a constant comm of where the CTs are, and hope to take down a few so it isn't such a large assault on the garage. But I think I just hate cramming :P The best aspect about holding the garage is there are two entrances. At most, two CTs can come through the "arch" (as Root puts it) at a time, and only one through the window. Given the right equipment, two or three Ts even should be sufficient. I've seen it done with just one, too. :)

Comment

Yeah personnell matters, but with admin powers and my wonderful charm they do what i "suggest" :D

- -

Comment

i was playing italy two nights ago and managed to get all 4 hosties with a t in the house! i ran upstairs and popped a smoke as he ran around the corner from the window at lh, and completely missed me as i got the hosties and ran to spawn. i was almost to the rescue point when he got killed and we won :( . It was really funny

Comment

I didn't read all of the posts, so please forgive me if I'm reiterating something another person has said.

IMO, one of the best things a person can have on their person while rescuing hostages is a flashbang. No matter what you're doing, if you have the hostages and a T is chasing you, it's always a good idea to drop a FB at your feet. Even though it blinds you a bit, it's got a pretty good shot at causing the T to falter for at least a second buying you more breathing room to get away. Even better would be to rebound the flashbang off of a wall as you're running past, then you almost completely eliminate flashing yourself and maximize flashing the T.

Wether or not you rescue one or two sets of hostages is purely situational. Going for one is a safe bet if you're unsure of your chances of winning. If I'm not sure I can get the second set and live I will get the first out and get my team some money, it just makes more sense to do this in the long run. The only problem with this is once the Ts realize that you rescued one set, they will have reinforced their defensive positions around the second set, and almost completely dash your chances of getting the second set out. In most situations I would say to rescue what hostages you can, it results in more money for your team wether you win or lose, and it's a nice way of hedging the odds that your team will win the next round in your favor.

As I typed this I thought of the hosties on Havana.... in that situation the two hostie sites are so close together that you'd be remiss in not grabbing the second set, so really, it's entirely dependent on the situation. Hopefully, all of these opinions and pros and cons will help people form their own opinions of what constitutes a single or double hostie rescue situation.

Comment

I have a question about a situation that happend to me a week or so ago. Here goes:

Italy..... end of the round.... I am a T with 2 teamates left. 2 CTs left. All three of us Ts were in the house. We were upstairs fighting off the 2 CTs... One of the CTs gets inside and grabs the bottom 2 hosties... I heard them leaving the front door, then saw them running down long hall. I proceed to follow, w/out firing down lh as not to dmg hosties. Leaving 2 Ts to guard the top hosties from the 1 CT left. I chased the lone CTs to his spawn and glocked him before he could rescue. MEanwhile I turned right back around and by the time I had gotten to lh, my teamates tookout the remaining CT. Seeings how we had the advantage back at the house I took it upon myself to thwart the rescue attempt .. successfully. I was told by supersteve( if i can remember correctly) not to go and that we had to stay back with the top2.

A: The hosties were mobile. I fealt it necessary to stop them.
              B: We had plenty of reinforcements guarding the remaining 2.

Am I wrong or right in this particular situation??

Gogeta
              Dizlor

Comment

I wasn't there, and do not know the exact situation, but I would have voiced in my intentions, and then asked the team if they felt that they could keep the last hostages secure. Upon doing so, I would advanced.

Comment

sounds great to me gogeta. I'm of the type of player to not let the CT's have any hostages, i will die at the first hostage they touch, If i'm in that position. In your situation, you have to look at your health, your teammates health, loadout and whether or not you can successfully pull that off without sacrificing the round.

If you can answer that then your all good.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                    sounds great to me gogeta. I'm of the type of player to not let the CT's have any hostages, i will die at the first hostage they touch, If i'm in that position. In your situation, you have to look at your health, your teammates health, loadout and whether or not you can successfully pull that off without sacrificing the round.

If you can answer that then your all good.
                    Rgr... I didnt confirm the hp and ammo status... but as we had been protecting the house successfully and there were 2 Ts left against one CT I called hosties on the loose and let them know I advanced. Situational assumption that was pretty fun:row__572:
                    Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Ferret
                      Always try and get one set of hostages if the sector they're in is clear. I just think it's not only as equally important for the objective, but for the MONEY!
                      I can't agree more

It's best to rescue 2 hosties instead of taking a "risk" and go for 4 hosties

And also on milita you wouldn't wanna go in garage to get to 2 other hosties because you would most likely kill all the remaining terriost

This is my opinion,yet I never get to be a CT on milita.
                      :: Signature removed by administration - File no longer exists at putfile.

Comment

I rescued all four hostages on cs_militia_tm2 a week or so ago. The remaining hostages were in the garage of course and the remaining T was there as well. After I breached the garage we had a small firefight and the T ran up in the attic. A minute or so went by of me opening the garage door a couple times to try and get the T to bite but to no avail. So once I opened the garage door for the final time I pulled my knife out (for speed), grabbed the hostages and took off. I successfully made it to the hostage rescue zone whilst being chased close behind.

Probably doesn't really relate to this thread directly but that just came to mind with the thread title and I felt I needed to gloat a bit. ^_^

For the latest on the , , and , visit the .

Comment

He could have been afk or stupid lol

Btw your avatar is cute :)
                          :: Signature removed by administration - File no longer exists at putfile.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X