de_penstock: strategies/tactics.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_penstock: strategies/tactics.

I've played de_penstock quite a few times, and most every time as a Terrorist. I'd appreciate some strategies or tips for this map, preferably for Terrorist side of things.
    _

_

Re: de_penstock: strategies/tactics.

Originally posted by Branden
    I've played de_penstock quite a few times, and most every time as a Terrorist. I'd appreciate some strategies or tips for this map, preferably for Terrorist side of things.
    If the CT's are doing it right, they've got 4 people behind the shutter at B. We don't allow CAL style antics where you shoot every possible hiding place on the off chance of a target being there, so use proper tactics and procedures to secure the area. Bear in mind also, that unless you take out all targets at a given location at the same time, the last one you kill gets time to call in backup and maybe even run away. Last thing to remember here - when that bomb goes down you are DEFENCE not OFFENCE.

Send a couple of guys through each control room. The 2 in the red room are there primarily to kill the CT's that try jumping off the catwalk to get to the bomb. Their secondary role is as a contingency if the pair in the other control room get taken out. The red team should remain where they can cover the bomb with minimum exposure. The bomber needs to position the bomb so this pair has a clear LOF on anyone trying a defuse.

The pair in the other control room are there primarily to cover the catwalk, as this (the control room) is one of the least likely routes for CT's to use trying to get to the bomb. Their secondary role is to provide cover fire for the rest of the team.

Learn the concept of CP (Close Protection). This applies to all de_ maps and depending on the strategy, it can also apply to as_ maps.

The bomber moves to B via catwalk, either control room, or if stealth isn't an isuue, blow the shutter door on T side and struggle across the stream. The 3 players with the bomber don't need to shoot. They need to plan who's covering the bomber from which directions, and catch bullets. Their objective is to die protecting the bomber. The 3 likely directions at B are the catwalk, the white control room, and the CT shutter. If the CT's hear the plant sound, they have a confirmed target. and are therefore not blind firing if they shoot with the shutter closed.

The guys on CP need to be constantly assessing the threat to the bomber, not worrying about their gun. Hell, play using a knife only if it helps. If a CT suddenly pops up on the catwalk, don't try and shoot him. Assume he's faster than you, and put block his LOF on the bomber. Your team mates in the white control room will be trying to save you, and you need to save the bomber.

Root
    Last edited by Root; 11-13-2005, 07:17 AM.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Here's something Supersteve had the T's do on Penstock about a week ago, it had all of the CTs bowing to us after the round was over.

2-3 Ts head over catwalk without the bomb. Their objective is not to kill CTs as much as it is to survive and cause confusion. These Ts run out across catwalk, scatter, and take up defensive positions. Hopefully, they will hold their positions for the next 10-15 seconds. At this point, 3-4 Ts with the bomber run out through the control room, and crush anyone standing in their way. The CTs at this point will be so concerned with the first rush that by the time they realize a second one is on them they won't have time to radio in the second. As the deaths go up on the CTs they will simply assume that CTs are dying fighting the first rush. Meanwhile, the second rush goes straight to CT spawn and plants. All of a sudden it's the CTs who are surrounded, and the bomb is planted. You can imagine what happens from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Uchiha Obito
        Here's something Supersteve had the T's do on Penstock about a week ago, it had all of the CTs bowing to us after the round was over.

2-3 Ts head over catwalk without the bomb. Their objective is not to kill CTs as much as it is to survive and cause confusion. These Ts run out across catwalk, scatter, and take up defensive positions. Hopefully, they will hold their positions for the next 10-15 seconds. At this point, 3-4 Ts with the bomber run out through the control room, and crush anyone standing in their way. The CTs at this point will be so concerned with the first rush that by the time they realize a second one is on them they won't have time to radio in the second. As the deaths go up on the CTs they will simply assume that CTs are dying fighting the first rush. Meanwhile, the second rush goes straight to CT spawn and plants. All of a sudden it's the CTs who are surrounded, and the bomb is planted. You can imagine what happens from there.
        very nice

Comment

I orignally made a thread, but i saw this one, so i'll just post it here.
          Please lets use soem of these cool maps.

The purpose of this thread is to post pictures (penstock) of reccomended defense/attack strategies for the great map penstock. I hope that members will create images of other maps found on my website. This would be a great way to visualize attack plans and defense positions.

Here is the first one.

Explanation: ( positions in relation to the overhead view of the mapmap, left, right, etc.)

1) sewers, this postion can move up to the catwalks to provide support, or to the right hand entrance to bombsite a, not only to protect sewers.

2) catwalk, this position can watch catwalks, bombsite b, right side control room (reffered to in game as yellow or left side control room), t side of middle, left side control room( AKA red room, or left side control room in game) and provide support to the sewers if need be.

3) above"upper deck", the best recon postion on the map. this position can watch the corner before the T's can enter the yellow room, the middle, catwalk, and this postion can fall abck to bombsite B or A fairly easily.

4) watching "red room", this postion can see much of the bottom level of the map

5) in "yellow room" can watch red room , catwalks, yellow room , middle, and can fall back to either bombsite easily.

6) near "yellow room", this positio ncna fall back to eaithr bombsite easily, and provide support at B, A, or yellow room

7) bombsite B, can watch most of the main areas surrounding b, provides support for evryone in the middle.

8) between yellow room and bombsite a, provides support for B, A, or yellow room.

Well, this was a thrown together post, and after finals week i am sure to be making better/ more detailed strategies.

Comment

a tactic that has worked for me without fail every time is this: you need at least a 6 person team. two will go right control room, two (one of which is the bomb) go left control room, and two go catwalk. once everyone is in position to move, right control room and catwalk move out and start clearing. Right control room then moves out and rushes to B, catwalk then jumps down to cover bomb. once planted i usually run back to left control room where i have a clear shot at the bomb, or in the tunnel underneath right control room. if all goes well, boom.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X