Dust 2 tactics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust 2 tactics

i wanted to discuss some tactics on Dust 2 that i had tried (sometimes to no avail) and hopefully they can be revised and perfected. First off, these tactics are for T's.

The first one requires two fire teams. At round start everyone waits a few seconds to let the CT sniper get in position at middle, then the team that does not have the bomb goes past to look like they are heading for short A. Hopefully this will initiate a comm on the CT side telling everyone to get ready at A, while at the same time, team 2 gets in position at B in the tunnels. Team 1 then pops a smoke at the double doors and hops down the ledge at short a, into tunnels at b, and meets up with team 1 to storm into b and get the bomb down.

Next is a fake rush. i havent seen it used too much, and had been toying with the idea, weighing the risks and rewards of such a dangerous tactic. I had the entire team, with the exception of myself and one teammate rush B with guns blazing and causing general havoc. The second the action starts, my teammate and I haul ass through short a to get the bomb down. The only downside to this was that we were not able to guard the bomb adequately, and ended up losing in the end. i think that this can be remedied though with a few flashes and smokes, and also, maybe having one person hang back at b, and once the bomb is down, come up through CT spawn or short A (depending on the situation) and help defend

Discuss!

Re: Dust 2 tactics

3 of my favorite things to do on dust 2 aren't so much tactics as they are maneuvers.

One thing is when the T's are rushing are even moving through Long A, you should remember that you can throw FB's and smokes over the wall and blind/confuse the CTs running up on the tunnel. If you throw the smoke right you will cover the entire path that the CTs run up on and give yourself plenty of cover to secure the CT side of tunnel and the sniper pit thing.

Another favorite is when planting at A, make sure you plant the bomb to the far side of the site, closest to the long A route, and farthest from CT spawn. This will afford you the option of placing a sniper at long A and taking out anyone who comes to defuse.

The last thing I like to do involves planting at B. When planting at B I like to take the bomb and put it on the side of the two stacked brown boxes farthest from the double doors. Then, I jump on the yellow bricks (where people usually snipe down into tunnels from) and make a running jump onto the very large box in that corner. This affords you a relatively safe place to watch long tunnel from, and gives you an excellent position to kill a defuser from. It's not a commonly used hiding spot, so any defusers trying to clear out the last T will likely overlook this spot. Remember, if you're the last T and the bomb is planted, your objective is no longer to kill the CTs but moreso to stall them so that your bomb has time to detonate. This isn't a rule or anything, but it's much easier to accomplish rather than running out and possibly getting yourself killed so quickly that the CTs have time to defuse.

Comment

I like the first idea. I've seen it used sucessfully before and it keeps the CT's on their toes (and in their spawn) for the following rounds. It's a good way to soften up defense in B the next round for a B rush.

The second one like you said has some problems. The main problem I see is that when the CT's comm a rush at B, someone may come through short or long A in an effort to come in behind the T's. There's a larger chance that the bomb will be taken out if you run into CT's with just yourself and a teammate. Now if the rest of the T team were to rush through B and through CT spawn and meet up with the bomb at A, I think that would be a unique and less expected option. And you would have cleared out a lot of CT's in the process and have more defense on the site.

Like Obito says, it's important to plant the bomb in the right spot (this goes for a lot of the map) the more in the open you can get it, the easier it is to defend.
      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
        I like the first idea. I've seen it used sucessfully before and it keeps the CT's on their toes (and in their spawn) for the following rounds. It's a good way to soften up defense in B the next round for a B rush.

The second one like you said has some problems. The main problem I see is that when the CT's comm a rush at B, someone may come through short or long A in an effort to come in behind the T's. There's a larger chance that the bomb will be taken out if you run into CT's with just yourself and a teammate. Now if the rest of the T team were to rush through B and through CT spawn and meet up with the bomb at A, I think that would be a unique and less expected option. And you would have cleared out a lot of CT's in the process and have more defense on the site.

Like Obito says, it's important to plant the bomb in the right spot (this goes for a lot of the map) the more in the open you can get it, the easier it is to defend.
        thats a good idea. ill try that next time.

Also, what does everyone think about sacrificing one round as a T to get a deel for the other teams defense? i dont mean abandoning your objective in any way, more like adding another objective and getting some recon work in to find weak points in the defense for future exploitation

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X