Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Map overheads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Map overheads

    I just stumbled across a link to some overhead CS maps. They're actually for the original CS, but the layouts haven't really changed for source. They're extremely well made, with RP's, spawns, hostages, sites, ladders etc all marked.

    Check them out here.

    I think they will be very helpful for new players and for tactical planning.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

  • #2
    Re: Map overheads

    csnation seems to be down atm.


    - -

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Map overheads

      Here you go guys, I have overviews to some of the maps here at TG.
      I made them myself, woo hoo.

      I thought the total size was to big to post here in the forums, but here is the URL to the map overview photo album. I expect to see some excellent stategies int he tactics discussion soon.
      THERE HERE!!!! The CS:S map overviews
      http://www.tacticalsites.com/~beth143/mapov.html
      Last edited by .143 Beth©; 12-01-2005, 04:21 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Map overheads

        I would like to request help to create map overheads, similar to the ones that root's post entail. I am planning to learn how to do this over the x-mas holidays, and I relaize I need to have help to make these maps in a resonable amount of time. For now, we would just need to create the maps, but after that we could add strategies. If you are interested with this excellent idea please acknowledge your willingness to be involved here. Once we have a resonable amount of members making these maps we would be able to create the maps quickly and post detailed strategies here. There are no obligations to help, just that you try and at leat do 1 map. every map created akes one less that the rest of us have to do. If no one sees a need for this, I guess I will do it all by my self. Well, hope to hear from you guys.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Map overheads

          Originally posted by .143 Beth©
          I would like to request help to create map overheads, similar to the ones that root's post entail. I am planning to learn how to do this over the x-mas holidays, and I relaize I need to have help to make these maps in a resonable amount of time. For now, we would just need to create the maps, but after that we could add strategies. If you are interested with this excellent idea please acknowledge your willingness to be involved here. Once we have a resonable amount of members making these maps we would be able to create the maps quickly and post detailed strategies here. There are no obligations to help, just that you try and at leat do 1 map. every map created akes one less that the rest of us have to do. If no one sees a need for this, I guess I will do it all by my self. Well, hope to hear from you guys.
          It could be a huge benefit to the TGCS community if we can get these maps made, and then keep up to date as we add new maps. Please contact Beth via PM if you have the skills and the time to assist him. Beth will check the link I provided, and then make a list of all the maps NOT covered on that site.
          BFCL TF2 league admin

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Map overheads

            Originally posted by Root
            It could be a huge benefit to the TGCS community if we can get these maps made, and then keep up to date as we add new maps. Please contact Beth via PM if you have the skills and the time to assist him. Beth will check the link I provided, and then make a list of all the maps NOT covered on that site.
            Yes, also if anyone knows if/when the csnation website(directory with those map images) will be up with those maps please post here and let everyone know that it is back online.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Map overheads

              Originally posted by .143 Beth©
              Yes, also if anyone knows if/when the csnation website(directory with those map images) will be up with those maps please post here and let everyone know that it is back online.
              Back online now.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Map overheads

                I remember that site. You just ran across it, but it has had those maps since 1997 or something. :) We used to print those out and work out our strats before we went to CS tourneys.
                Ahh... back in the CS beta days. :)
                "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                - Lazarus Long

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Map overheads

                  Is there a way for you to label A and B on the maps? It's nice to have an overhead view, but it's kind of silly if you don't know what you're looking at.
                  --------

                  Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

                  Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Map overheads

                    Originally posted by Keres
                    Is there a way for you to label A and B on the maps? It's nice to have an overhead view, but it's kind of silly if you don't know what you're looking at.
                    I'll try and update them as soo na s finals are over with, damn school!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Map overheads

                      Here is an idea:
                      In NS, they have map overheads like this you use in game, that can be generated and labeled by the game itself. Now, NS is a HL game, so someone would have to experiment getting a normal CS map to run in NS... then use the command to generate an overhead. I don't know how feasible it will be, but it is worth a shot!
                      USAR

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Map overheads

                        Originally posted by squeak
                        Here is an idea:
                        In NS, they have map overheads like this you use in game, that can be generated and labeled by the game itself. Now, NS is a HL game, so someone would have to experiment getting a normal CS map to run in NS... then use the command to generate an overhead. I don't know how feasible it will be, but it is worth a shot!
                        Nice idea, but the difficulty is getting a SOURCE map to work with a non-source mod.

                        Maybe instead of porting maps to NS, it would be possible to force the map-overhead function to CS:S. (When you spectate, there is an option to view the map...perhaps that can be extended to players who are alive, but simply do not show enemy locations, or something). Of course, this would take some hard coding, but it would be an incredible addition.
                        Unfortunately, only a very small portion of CS:S is interested in tactics and such, which is what this would be revolved around. Perhaps if we could gather a modding group interested enough.... or merge with punkassfraggers.com to tackle this.........


                        As an aside, we could potentially create overheads via a screenshot/photoshop (preferably screenshot).

                        Comment

                        Connect

                        Collapse

                        TeamSpeak 3 Server

                        Collapse

                        Advertisement

                        Collapse

                        Twitter Feed

                        Collapse

                        Working...
                        X